Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery of my Blue RTL/Moonroof/Nav/Running Boards/Tow pkg/Roof Rack/Brush Guard/Int Trim, on Wed 7-13-02. I was "Inspector-Gadget" with Checklist. It is a beaut and rides well. Wind/roof rack noise to be checked. Negotiations with dealer was tough. I managed to get 36700.00 out the door-they got me with installation of accessories(95.00/hr). I took it home and parked all of yesterday, just pondering & savouring my RTL and what to add next (19'wheels, sound/speaker upgrades, rear cam, tint etc). Found that to be quite unusual after owning many new vehicles. Any thoughts on effect of Tint on Navi System? Manual suggests metallic Tint will affect Nav since gyro/rcvr is installed in dash. With Florida sun Thats a bummer.
Smooth driving.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Congrats on your new truck. Careful with aftermarket wheels, handling, tpms,stability assist and all. There are screen protectors available for the navi, you might check ebay, about 15$.
Drive it in good health.
There is quite a bit of info on this site about wheels.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Congrats and welcome. I thought the Nav tx/rx was on the roof? Isnt the sensor on the dash a sunlight sensor for the climate control?

Are you going to tint the whole front window?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
bellteck said:
Congrats and welcome. I thought the Nav tx/rx was on the roof? Isnt the sensor on the dash a sunlight sensor for the climate control?
Are you going to tint the whole front window?
GPS/NAV antenna is under the dash (not the sensor on top of it and it's only rx, it does not transmit any signal only receives), XM on the roof, AM/FM under the rear roof panel.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Congrats on your new truck. Blue is a nice color for the Ridgeline. Was my first choice until they rolled the red one in front of me ;).

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Blue to Blue, good for you. I'm sure you'll love it. Be sure to post often so we can all experience that "just got my truck" feeling again.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Congrats and nice choice on color! I really don't think you can go wrong with color on a truck as great as the RL!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
May have mis-posted original thread, oops. Are there any experiences with excellent quality non-metallic window tints? I need to be sure of metallic tints effect on navi.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm probably no help, but thought I would chime in! I have a Magellan 700 navigatoin system. I was driving a GM vehicle when I purchased it and I couldn't get a signal because of the "Solar Shields" in all GM cars. I had to use an external antenna. With the Hondas, I don't need the external antenna. Just watch out for whatever the heck GM uses!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts