Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yahoo, totally lucked out, just drove home my SteelBlue RT-L Navi. Only 4 of them, now 3, in northern California. Got it for MSRP. I'll post alot more about it later but real quick I'll mention I love it but I also can't believe it doesn't have a trip computer of any sort. No mpg, distance 'til empty... I've gotten so used to them I didn't know they made cars with out that anymore. Oh ya, I don't think the tailgate is lockable either, no mention of it in the manual nor anything I can figure out. Not a big deal until you get a tonneu cover or shell.

·
Registered
28 Posts
really interested as to how that color looks in person, since its offered with the grey inside. Hopefully u can put up some picks after u get a chance to take a break from your new :D ride.

Congratz!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, I'll get a page up with pics and all my mods I do overtime. The color is better than I expected, I really like it. Sometimes at certains angles of light it looks like it has a hint of green in it. My only big complaint other than no trip computer is it has a fair amount of wind noise coming from the front windshield area. Start to hear it at about 40mph and just gets louder and louder the faster you go. Not sure anything can be done about that. Anyway, much more comments to come.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
How does it compare to your Ody?

Ride quality?

Fit and finish?

Electronics?

Overall?

Thanks and congratulations.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zero said:
How does it compare to your Ody?
Ride quality?
Fit and finish?
Electronics?
Overall?
Thanks and congratulations.
I think the ride is softer than the Ody for sure, not as sporty but sure handles potholes much better. Some of them almost knock my teeth out in the Ody but the Ridgeline soaks 'em up. Doesn't have a floaty feel just a bit softer than the Ody which is to my preference.

Fit & finish I'd say is better than the Ody too. I have not found one thing that's misaligned or out of place.

Electronics - Well my big pet peeve is no Trip computer, there's a trip A/B odometer but that's it. The Ody Touring defintely has alot more goodies in this department but the Nav & radio function the same with the same features. For what it has it does work well and intuitive.

One suprise was the rear window opens sideways, I assumed it went down. No biggie either way. I do like the seats, very comfortable and I'm 6'4" 250lbs.

The headlights on the Ody are better, brighter, stronger specially comparing the hi-beams. They are perfectly fine though, tough comparing as I think the Ody has the best lights on the market that aren't HIDs.

That's about it for now as I've only spent about hour in the truck so far.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Congrats Vertrkr on your Ridge. Still waiting on mine. The dealer in Greencastle who I've made a deal with, hasn't got his yet. Just down the road in Frederick, Md. and across town at Hagerstown Honda they got theirs Saturday and are prepping today. Don't know what the holdup is up the road. If I haven't heard anything by tomorrow, I may cancell out and get from another dealer. I don't like to do this, but do not feel like waiting another two weeks, when two RTSs are on the lot just a few miles away.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trip meter, yes, but that's only an odometer for A/B trips. There's nothing else. Hitting the select button on the dash will cycle thru tripA odo, tripB odo, Oil Life screens. That's it nothing more :mad: I just called AHC and they are looking into the issue as the quickstart guide does have a very small pic of the Trip Computer button on the nav screen but that's the only mention of it. Not in the manual or the Navi manual. Sounds like this was a planned feature but didn't make it to final production.

·
Registered
167 Posts
What's the difference between a trip meter and an odometer? I guess I'll be stepping into uber-luxury coming from a Civic. Is there auto-pilot with the Navi? :D

·
2,346 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Now I have a frame of reference. I can now imagine what my new Ridgeline will be like everytime I get behind the wheel of my Ody.

Too bad about the trip computer. I heard that the tire gauge is not as cool as the Ody as well. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
zero said:
Too bad about the trip computer. I heard that the tire gauge is not as cool as the Ody as well. Any thoughts?

Ya, the darn Ody has really spoiled us. The RidgeLine does not readout pressures, the only thing it will do is notify you when the pressure is extremely low and indicate which tire it is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, vertrkr :)

I am not very knowledeable about the RidgeLine, but I am pleased to see that Honda included the tire pressure monitor and the Oil Life indicators... I guess the Oil Life is something we will be seeing in more and more Honda's cars !

Can't wait for pics !

Out of curiosity, what prompted you to buy this truck ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also brought my Ridgeline RTL home today. It now has 169 miles on the odometer. Really a sweet ride; lots of envious looks as I drove it home up I-5. After I parked it in my driveway, the neighbors all came to drool over it. The silver exterior looks good; the interior is more than adequate. At MSRP, I feel I got my $$ worth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ridge said:
I'm not sure what you want your trip meter to do. I thought 2 trip meters would be enough. One for oil changes, and one for trips.
He is referring to the Multi-Information Display (MID) as introduced on the Honda Odyssey Touring edition and on the new Acura RL. Allows you to see Instant MPG, Avg MPG, outside temp, Average Speed, Miles to Empty, Tires Pressure etc. Quite handy.

Did I get this right, vertrkr ?

·
Registered
996 Posts
alexmish said:
He is referring to the Multi-Information Display (MID) as introduced on the Honda Odyssey Touring edition and on the new Acura RL. Allows you to see Instant MPG, Avg MPG, outside temp, Average Speed, Miles to Empty, Tires Pressure etc. Quite handy.

Ok, now I'm mad that the Ridgeline doesn't have this. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
alexmish said:

Hey Alex, glad to see ya here. Ya, you got it exactly right. The quickstart guide actually shows a small screenshot of the nav screen with a Trip Computer button on it but it's certainly not on mine nor mentioned in the owner manual or nav manual. Anyway, I've called Amercian Honda and called them on it, they are researching the issue for me. Looks like it was a planned feature but didn't make it to final production is my guess.

·
2,346 Posts
Wouldn't it be rotten if these features from the Ody show up in the '07 version?

Oh well, I'm not willing to wait!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Doctor Len, what dealership did you buy from and how were they to deal with? I guess buying at MSRP, you shouldn't have to deal with b.s. but there's always that feeling I get when I walk in and I instantly feel like I'm a piece of meat being eyed by vultures. :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts