Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up my Amazon Green RTL S/R on Wednesday night after driving nearly every truck and SUV out there in the $25-$40 price range. I knew the Ridgeline was the right vehicle for me about 2 min into the test drive. Just an all around awesome truck. (I still like the Tundra, and the H3, but the Tundra just didn't make as much sense and the H3 is a bit underpowered for it's size)/

After I decided on the Ridgeline, I studied this forum, and picked up a lot of valuable information, especially the pre-purchase checklist. Thank you all so much for all the valuable inputs. My VIN is under 12,500 but no wind noise and so far no water leaks. I'm piling on the accessories from HandA (knew about that from the Wife's 2004 Ody).

My wife is about to go nuts from me saying "I love my truck". :D
I liked my 95 Explorer, but this ride has me absolutley bonkers.

Ironically, I found out after I bought mine that my cousin in LA (who shares my name, handed down from our grandad) had bought a blue 'Line about a month before, unbeknownst to me...

For price point, I paid $800 over invoice, with the running boards installed (in Tulsa, Ok). Also, as an FYI and reccomendation, Mark Roberts Honda in Bartlesville, Ok (40 min north of Tulsa) lists the RTL S/R at $30,193 on their website. I used that price to haggle my deal down at a dealer in Tulsa but I WISH I HAD JUST BOUGHT IT FROM MARK ROBERTS! ARRGGGHHH!!! :eek:
Avoid the Tulsa dealer unless you like all the standard BS "I'm not making any money on this deal", incompetent sales lady that was utterly full of it and totally uninformed. I had a string of tricks pulled on me, including the truck showing up with almost 500 miles on it (driven from further away than promised, M. Roberts have offered to have it trailered in for $150 more [kicking myself again, should have just bought it from them]), was told to "come on out, it's ready, then oops, we forgot to intstall the running boards, but go ahead and give us your money tonight, come back tomorrow."
A nice chip on the paint, etc, etc. Great truck, but terrible dealer experience. American Honda, come on, get these yahoos in line, they give you a bad name!
More later!
JollyGreen (It's not easy, being green, but it's the best!) :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Man, I wish I bought my Ridgeline for $25.

Congrats and enjoy.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Congrats on your new RTL!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
It sounds like good taste runs in your family. Is you cousin on ROC yet? How soon do we get pictures?

Congrats on being Green.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pics to be taken this weekend. My cousin doesn't know i bought one yet, so I'm going to send him a picture of me in front of mine with a sign that says "Hey cuz, nice truck, but green is better!" :)

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
JollyGreen said:
Pics to be taken this weekend. My cousin doesn't know i bought one yet, so I'm going to send him a picture of me in front of mine with a sign that says "Hey cuz, nice truck, but green is better!" :)
Great idea. Be sure to invite him to join this family too. I wonder if there are any other blood related family members onboard already. I would guess we have some marrieds or domestic partners who both post.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Excellent. Another green added to the ranks. Watch out, silver. We are coming!!!

Go Green!!!!

L

·
0 Posts
Congrats on your new Ridgey!! Your gonna love drivin everybody crazy sayoing how much you love your truck. I STILL tell Todd how much I love it and he just patronizes me and says, "I know honey, I know." :rolleyes:

zero?? You may have a beautiful Green Ridgeline but I fear you will never catch the likes of the "Silver Mile!!! " :D ;)

Hmmm.. Interesting. Well...here is my HO.

ARTEE??? Get out of that Ridgeline and give it to your wife "MsRidgeline'". She most certainly deserves more if not all the RL time.

MsRidgeline'?? You call me if he doesn't move over and I'll be there to help you straighten him up. Ok??? Better yet....You march yourself down to the Honda store and buy your own. :D

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
If I let Truckin' drive it MsRidgeline will whup us all including you for suggesting it. :eek:

L

·
0 Posts
arteegee said:
If I let Truckin' drive it MsRidgeline will whup us all including you for suggesting it. :eek:

WHY!!!!! What ever do you mean ARTEEGEE!!!!!!?????? :eek:

·
Registered
34 Posts
arteegee said:
Don't pay him any attention; Truckin' can drive it any time she likes; and so can you, LadyRidge, for that matter. We girls have to stick up for each other. ;)

L

·
0 Posts
MsRidgeline said:
Don't pay him any attention; Truckin' can drive it any time she likes; and so can you, LadyRidge, for that matter. We girls have to stick up for each other. ;)
You're a real good sport Ms"Lady"Ridgeline. A real good sport. :D
Yes we do have to stick together. Thanks for being here!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts