Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install NOS yet? I ordered a NOSZLE direct port system (nos-08006nos)from summitracing. Wanted to know if any one has any experience this this system? I figure this will do until Comtech puts out a supercharger.
I called them 2 months ago and they said they would have something at the end of summer; called them again and now it's a couple more months. I know for sure AEM has an intake coming out it's listed on their site about 7HP gain.

·
Registered
578 Posts
No, and probably not many people will be adding NOS to their Ridgeline... is it a dry kit or a wet kit?

I am not a fan of nos... at all. More people screw up nos installs then most other things (from my experience)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Howzit Kamaaina,
I'm interested in the Comptech SC too and got confirmation but no dates/pricing.
Jeff in Muddyland,
from the "Big Island of America"

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe it's wet. I'm not installing it my dealership said they would. I've never had NOS before so I just wanted feedback as to the reliability of NOS. I got the gauges, purge valve, blanket and heater. I really don't think Comptech will put out a Supercharger until next year; that's why the NOS.

Howzit Jeff!! Stay da kine or what?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Kamaaina said:
I believe it's wet. I'm not installing it my dealership said they would. I've never had NOS before so I just wanted feedback as to the reliability of NOS. I got the gauges, purge valve, blanket and heater. I really don't think Comptech will put out a Supercharger until next year; that's why the NOS.

Howzit Jeff!! Stay da kine or what?
BAD BAD BAD idea. Number 1 the dealer will most likely screw up the install. Number 2 theyll put a flag on your VIN that you have N2O, so if you go to the dealer anytime soon with engine trouble, theyll say it was the N2O's fault, and point you out the door.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have a question, why are you adding NOS? Are you wanting to drag race someone? Remember, that 10lb nos kit will run dry pretty fast. You won't use it that much afterwards anyways because you'll have to spend money filling the bottle all the time.

NOS is great if you want to drag race someone... but come on, this is a 4500lb truck... Even if you did a 50 shot, you might be able to get the 1/4 mile down to what, low 16's?

With the SC, the nice thing is the power is always there, so atleast you can actually use it all the time when you want to pass etc etc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the feedback. Since Summit hasn't shipped the kit yet I will re think the NOS. I don't plan on racing anyone; only passing on the freeways. :D

Mahalo

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a question, why are you adding NOS? Are you wanting to drag race someone? Remember, that 10lb nos kit will run dry pretty fast. You won't use it that much afterwards anyways because you'll have to spend money filling the bottle all the time.

NOS is great if you want to drag race someone... but come on, this is a 4500lb truck... Even if you did a 50 shot, you might be able to get the 1/4 mile down to what, low 16's?

With the SC, the nice thing is the power is always there, so atleast you can actually use it all the time when you want to pass etc etc.
With the SC, what is this "SC" that your referring to?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,582 Posts
And there is no SC for the RL, either factory or after market. Not even a TC (turbo charger), although there have been attempts to make a TC work. It has not been shown to be cost effective however. The cost of the engine rebuild seems to outweigh the benefits of the TC. ;)

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,048 Posts
Yeah, wow. Over a decade old thread brought back to life - before speedlever was even a member here!

Nonetheless, forced induction has not gone well for the brave few who have tried it. The engine can take it, but the rest of the driveline wasn't designed for that much power.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Yeah, wow. Over a decade old thread brought back to life - before speedlever was even a member here!

Nonetheless, forced induction has not gone well for the brave few who have tried it. The engine can take it, but the rest of the driveline wasn't designed for that much power.
I agree, but then the road to Glory is often a bloody one. Might be a way to let it go before the scrap yard. A few 1/4 mile runs down a local track, wahoo!!!
Just bring a few buckets for the remains.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
I agree, but then the road to Glory is often a bloody one. Might be a way to let it go before the scrap yard. A few 1/4 mile runs down a local track, wahoo!!!
Just bring a few buckets for the remains.
That's a glorious idea, but it may be awhile before our trucks get to that point. Putting a $5000 turbo system on a 15 year old truck with 300,000 miles would certainly be foolish and awesome at the same time.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,582 Posts
Shock and awe! :D

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
A crowd-pleaser too! Add a bucket for a collection.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
I'd donate, but I'm planning on keeping my truck til it doesn't move anymore. Could be decades before my ol' girl is at that point. Hopefully...

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
I'd donate, but I'm planning on keeping my truck til it doesn't move anymore. Could be decades before my ol' girl is at that point. Hopefully...
We've had very few bite the dust around here, unless it was something catastrophic or a case of serious neglect.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts