Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
Very interesting option. I can't quite tell how it attaches to the phone. Do you have any pics?

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Very interesting option. I can't quite tell how it attaches to the phone. Do you have any pics?
Seems there's a magnetic option and a "grip" version. I wonder if installing the CD mount will trigger the "load" sequence on the CD player/headset?

:act030:

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
From what I've read, it doesn't stick far enough into the slot to active the load sequence. There's another similar option to the Mountek version called Infiniapps. I guess it's 6 of one and a half dozen of the other.

But I'm leaning pretty strongly to this method of attaching my GS4 to the dask. Now to decide which to get.

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
If it's a baker's dozen, I'll take that half. :D

Now if S.T.U.V will respond about which style mount he uses, that will help. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just bought a cell phone magnet from harbor freight for $3.99. It has an adhesive backing on it so you can stick it to your dash. It also comes with a little round metal thing that you can stick on the inside of your cell phone case. I chose to put a piece of metal banding on the inside of my cell phone case because it will hold the phone in place better. I have a S4 and my phone does not move at all. Here is a link showing the magnet from Harbor Freight.

http://www.harborfreight.com/magnetic-cell-phone-mounting-kit-66781.html

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
That's a cool and inexpensive solution gregmuzzi. My only objection would be having to sticky something to my dash.

I ordered one of the Infiniapps Slyde devices last night. Should be in tomorrow. Hope it works. Lazy me did not want to crack the dash for the mount mentioned earlier in the thread, although I was considering it until S.T.U.V mentioned this option above.

If this doesn't pan out, I'll probably do the dash mount that ebrit mentioned.

·
Registered
298 Posts
"Insert directly into a front-loading CD player slot and still easily control your electronic device from the driver’s seat. Or, insert into an existing dashboard groove to keep your CD player accessible.
Comes already assembled and ready to use.
Simple installation: No suction cups, no clips, no screw, no adhesives and no glue. The nGroove insertion blade snugly and safely inserts into thin, pre-existing grooves in cars, planes, and boats."

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I just bought a cell phone magnet from harbor freight for $3.99. It has an adhesive backing on it so you can stick it to your dash. It also comes with a little round metal thing that you can stick on the inside of your cell phone case. I chose to put a piece of metal banding on the inside of my cell phone case because it will hold the phone in place better. I have a S4 and my phone does not move at all. Here is a link showing the magnet from Harbor Freight.

http://www.harborfreight.com/magnetic-cell-phone-mounting-kit-66781.html
Just FYI. The magnet is strong enough to have an effect on the Compass. If your RL is equipped with one.

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
I don't anticipate the magnet having an effect on my compass in my rear view mirror. Do you? Guess I'll find out soon enough. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't have a compass in my RTS, so I don't have to worry about it. I am very happy with set up because with all the other mounts the phone sticks out away from the dash, or you have a bulky mounting system. With this magnet setup, my phone lays pretty flat against the dashboard, and there is no bulky phone holder. When my phone is not hooked up all you see is a little round black dot on the dash. Everyone has there own preference or style. ust my thought.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I have pretty much everything a RL can have and the Arkon holder thing is one of the most useful. Sorry I didn't get it two years ago.

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
Hey Slider, does your cockpit look anything like this?

Cockpit of Commander Jim's RL:

What you can't see is the custom mounted Valentine V1 display. And there's probably more stuff I can't remember!

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
Update: got my Slyde yesterday. The magnet certainly seems strong enough to hold my GS4 through the case. But I cannot get the Slyde to insert into the CD slot! The tabs are too thick, and wide. It barely fits the opening, left to right.

Is there something special about the Honda CD player?

I may have to return this and see if the Mountek will work instead.

Bummer!

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have pretty much everything a RL can have and the Arkon holder thing is one of the most useful. Sorry I didn't get it two years ago.
Nice! After your first VSM you never go back.

·
Super Moderator
22,535 Posts
My Mountek has been working great for my Galaxy Note w/ case for a year.
Thanks for the pic. The tabs on the Mountek look a bit thinner than the Infinia.

I've not heard back from Infinia. Looks like this sucker is going back. I'll put the Mountek on order.

Did you have any issues getting the Mountek tabs inserted into the CD slot?

Here's the problem I'm having. I can get one side in, but not all the tabs.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought this iOttie HLCRIO102 One Touch and I use all the time when I turn on the navigation on my phone. I just mount it on the lower left hand side of the front windshield. To me, this is the best place because my eyes does not have to wonder off of the road. This item only cost $20 on amazon.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts
About this Discussion
75 Replies
21 Participants
Roy Ridges
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing