Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings.

I have a 2014 with the GPS / Infotainment package.

I need to know if my vehicle is malfunctioning or if my expectations of what it should do are wrong.

My GPS screen never goes into night mode when the display menu is set to "Auto" (under "info" and then "setup". I can manually choose night mode but it never goes into night mode automatically.

If I am reading the navigation manual pages 77 and 78 correctly, when the display is set to "auto" it should go into night mode when the headlights are turned on.

Am I stupid or is something broken? I have fiddled with it and cannot make it do what I want.

· Registered
5,700 Posts
Are your lights all factory, or have they been modified? (don't know if it would make a difference, but it's a good question to start with)

ALSO... (this is probably it) ... check the dimmer wheel to make sure it's not set to "high" (there's a little detent click at the end IIRC). THAT would set all of your dash lights to high & I think I remember that it might also hold the display on "day" mode.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ALSO... (this is probably it) ... check the dimmer wheel to make sure it's not set to "high" (there's a little detent click at the end IIRC). THAT would set all of your dash lights to high & I think I remember that it might also hold the display on "day" mode.

Hope this helps.
That was it. Well, I had a reading comprehension error. The user manual for the navigation system talks about "dash brightness" but I thought they were talking about the display brightness options on the navigation screen, not the dimmer wheel. Thanks for clarifying, saved me a trip to the dealer and probably looking really stupid.

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.