Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was ambushed in the Wal-Mart parking lot today by a caravan of serious 4x4 enthusiasts loaded up with their heavily modified rigs on their way to do some serious rock crawling. They loved the Ridgeline. Everytime I showed them a feature, a chorus of WOWs !!!! broke out. I really didn't expect that kind of reaction from this serious truck crowd, considering all the trash talk I've heard on serious truck forums about the Ridgeline as a girly truck. They also loved the styling.

One of them was kind of mad because they just bought an Avalanche. Had he known about the Ridgeline, he would have gone for it.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Those guys that you "were ambushed" by are probably true enthusiasts that can appreciate a vehicle for its merits and unique features. They buy the vehicles that they buy because they want to use the vehicle and not just look good in it. They don't feel threatened by a thoughtful design or truly useful feature.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The hard core truck guys are thinking about 3"+ lifts and 31"+ tires. They want air lockers front and rear and dual range transfer cases. The Ridgeline is not this kind of truck so it will get bashed all day by jarheads who don't realize this is not a truck for serious off road duties. This is a truck for the real world that can still take the camp road to the family cottage with no problem and deal with snow, passengers, recreational towing, plywood and Home depot visits with ease.

The only reasons for a real truck in my mind is: Plowing, serious offroad usage, everyday remodeling (4x8 material) and heavy duty towing 5000lbs+

The person who thinks they "need" a real truck may never realize the benefits a Ridgeline can offer. In all honesty the only reason I would consider a Tundra DC over the Ridgeline is for the capability of adding a lift kit and some tires that are a couple inches larger in diameter. Do I need them? No, but sometimes we do things just because we want to.

The Ridgeline is really the perfect truck/minivan/car for 90% of the homeowners that use them for basic truck duty. In truth they are not real trucks and are not trying to be anyhow. That is what Ford, GM and Dodge make 2500 and 3500 series trucks for.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I know this is an old post, but the last poster needs to get a clue. I just did some "remodeling" of my own at home and the Ridge did just fine. The typical 4X8 plywood/drywall fits just fine in the bed, and all the smaller stuff went in the trunk or where I folded up the rear seats. The only thing I couldn't haul was a 13" by 3.5" glu-lam that was 27' long, but there is no truck that is going to haul that. Ridgeline is a great TRUCK! I would not take any advise on vehicle from anyone driving those 2 mid-late 90's GM products, that is scary.............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts