Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ROC!

Newly registered member from Anchorage, Alaska. I spent a little time lurking while debating a purchase and found some valuable information! After my first test drive I purchased a G2 RTL-T and figured I can now be a proper member of the Ridgeline OWNERS Club! Hopefully I can help contribute to the group!

Chadasaurus

· Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the "proof"!

My initial impressions after a week are that it's AWESOME! In mostly city driving and limited highway time its smooth, quiet and handles very well. I really enjoy the power delivery and nice growl from the engine when you get into it. Given I am coming from a '97 Blazer, but I have been in plenty of vehicles from this century to be able to make a reasonable comparison. I've had the blazer for 12 years and was hoping to hit the magic 200k mark, but after driving the Ridgeline I knew I couldn't go back and gave up on my goal at 198k. I plan to be in this truck for 10+ years as well.

I had been looking at several SUV's and other midsize trucks for some time (although I never really considered the G1 Ridgeline, probably based on looks and being naive). All the other vehicles seemed to be some kind of compromise and once I stumbled across some information on the G2, followed by lots of YouTube watching and lurking here, I knew it was the vehicle for me. I don't need to tow heavy loads, but wanted to a place to haul various large objects, skis/snowboards, muddy bikes and wet fishing gear. I was also looking for a comfortable and safe ride for our growing family. I purchased my G2 only two weeks after our first child was born so needless to say June was a good month!

Attachments

· Premium Member
608 Posts
Congrats on the little one! I, for one, believe that this would be a great (smaller 2-4) family vehicle! Tailgate/camping party, anyone?

Nice review and thanks for the pic! (Nice color, BTW!)

Yes, I agree that it is pretty cool when the V-Tec kicks in...kinda like a little quasi-turbo without the turbo mess!

Again, welcome to the ROC!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.