Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just wanted to let everyone know we are really excited about joining the ROC. Currently we are offering a $50.00 instant rebate w/ Free Shipping. For the rebate, all you have to do is enter "Ridgeline OC" in the comments section of the checkout and we'll credit you. Please feel free to call or email us if you have any questions.

The BakFlip-Tonneau.com Team
800-663-1570
customerservice (at) bakflip-tonneau.com
http://www.bakflip-tonneau.com/index_ridgeline.asp

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Just wanted to leave some vendor feedback for others.

I ordered my bakflip on a Thursday evening and I had it on my porch in 3 business days - I was given a tracking number for my shipment very quickly too.

I also got the $50 discount/Free shipping advertised through this vendor.

I did have a question regarding my order and it was answer quite promptly via email.

It was a very smooth transaction.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Just wanted to leave some vendor feedback for others.

I ordered my bakflip on a Thursday evening and I had it on my porch in 3 business days - I was given a tracking number for my shipment very quickly too.

I also got the $50 discount/Free shipping advertised through this vendor.

I did have a question regarding my order and it was answer quite promptly via email.

It was a very smooth transaction.
Have you installed it yet ? Wondering how you like it. I'm really close to pulling the trigger on this cover myself.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a bakflip generation 1. I had it for about i year and it was bad, leaked like a sive. I called them and they replaced it with a new generation 2. This one is great, they worked out the bugs. It has not leaked at all. To have a manfacture stand behind their product like they did is fantastic! And it,s made in the USA. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi guys, just wanted to let everyone know we are really excited about joining the ROC. Currently we are offering a $50.00 instant rebate w/ Free Shipping. For the rebate, all you have to do is enter "Ridgeline OC" in the comments section of the checkout and we'll credit you. Please feel free to call or email us if you have any questions.

The BakFlip-Tonneau.com Team
800-663-1570
customerservice (at) bakflip-tonneau.com
BAKFlip Tonneau Cover

Is this offer still good ?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I ordered mine about 10 minutes ago. I entered "Ridgeline OC " in the comments section (for the $50 discount). We'll see how everything goes. I'll post back here after I receive and install it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered my bakflip last may 13 and received them on may 20. Installed it the next day. Good product and service. Steve sent me an email to confirm that the order was received and being shipped out on the same day. Also mentioned the discount for Ridgeline Owners. The bak flip just came in time for a trip to northern california. Installation instruction was easy to follow. It's easy to remove and re-install the panel if you need the whole space. No issue with the bed extender & storage. Good Product and by far the best price for a tonneau cover in the market in my opinion.:)

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Does the cover fit the 2009 Ridgeline?
Since only the front and read bumper are different on the outside of a 2009 Ridgeline. I do not know if the extra tie down in the 2009 will affect the bed covers. I would guess that the extra tie down would not keep it from fitting ( just leave it out if it does), as Honda rarely makes a change that affects the add-ons. the 2006-2008 fender flares will not fit the 2009 as the bumpers are different .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes it does for sure. Put one on mine a few weeks back. Looks awesome, easy install. Leaks a little...in the obvious spots. Overall great value. I highly recommend the Pop & Lock too to complete this mod. Another easy install and works slick.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Yes it does. I installed mine (BakFlip G2 HD) a week ago. About an hour for installation, but, I was in no rush. The installation was fairly straightforward. However, the manual does not mention replacing the front bolt of the front upper Tie-downs, after removing the cleats. The rails only require one bolt here, so why not replace the bolt you had to remove.
Also, the bolts that come with the tonneau are plated; some sort of Zinc (?) plating. Why not Stainless Steel? I'm going to replace mine with S/S ones. Probably cost about $4. Put on some 'Anti-Seize' and you're good for life. There was also no mention (or pictures) of the self-tapping screws (plastic bag included with 4 black self-tapping upholstery screws).
I found out from BakFlip's web site, that they (the screws (2)) are used at the tailgate end of the rails. I drilled 1/8" pilot holes, and found I was only drilling the composite liner, not the steel box.

After a trip back home from the cottage (about 2 hours) in a light rain, I opened the tailgate to find a lot of water leakage. Coming from a hard tonneau on a ’04 Tacoma that never leaked for the four years I had it,
this was somewhat disappointing. I checked the adjustment, and everything seems to line up, at the front and back.
So, the nature of the beast?? It will be interesting to see what happens this winter up here in the Great White North, at minus thirty Celsius
(in Fahrenheit, that’s just plain cold).

Someone posted here about drilling holes in the rubber plugs in the floor of the box, to accommodate the plastic drain lines. If you’re reading this, could you post some pics. Thanks.

A Suggestion
When folding or unfolding the cover, don’t wear a belt with a buckle or jacket with a large zipper. You can easily scratch the side of the truck. I’m 5’11” and, being very careful, I can just fold it, (or unfold it), without scraping the fender.

So, that’s my rant.

Overall, I’d give this tonneau about 8.0 to 8.5 out of 10.

Installation 9.0
Appearance 9.5
Functionality 9.0 (Get used to opening and closing the tailgate
to fold or unfold the tonneau)
Water Seal 5.0
Cost 7.0

Comments and/or helpful hints would be appreciated.

As Ben Franklin said:
In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,
in water there is bacteria.

·
Registered
69 Posts
After a trip back home from the cottage (about 2 hours) in a light rain, I opened the tailgate to find a lot of water leakage.
I'm wandering how the manufacturer responds to these facts. They say the new G2 cover is absolutely weather proof. From all the reports there, that's just a plain-jane lie.

Since this is a BakFlip specific thread actually started by the manufacturer, how about a reply guys?

·
Registered
129 Posts
My G2 leaks. I ran the tubes thru a drilled hole in the drain plug caps. I think the water comes in from the middle screw on the side. That is an open semi-circle above the edge of the backflip. It HAS to leak unless you fill it in and I haven't done that. Silicone would probably work but it is forever and I'm not sure the bf is a forever kind of bed topper. I'm reasonably well satisfied but it's not dry when it rains.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered a BakFlip from AutoAnything. Absolutely great service, prompt delivery. And a better price than this, with free shipping.

The BakFlip was easy to install. I have had a problem with the rubber freezing to the tailgate (Upstate NY winters are difficult), but a lathering of silicone spray should help.

I also ordered a Pop & Lock from AutoAnything <http://www.autoanything.com/>.

Cheapest price I found, again free shipping, and next day delivery!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Doublesharp
I agree with you that the water has to come from that indent for the bolt in the box wall. I don't understand why the manufacturer didn't address this (along with using S/S bolts--see my rant) especially when you use this bolt to secure the rails. I can only guess that they are selling most these covers to places where rain/water leakage is not an issue?? I can't imagine taking this truck through a car wash, without first emptying the box, and possibly the trunk. I also agree with you that this is not 'a forever kind of bed topper'.
If I had to do it again, I'd go a hard tonneau. If not a Honda accessory, then certainly aftermarket, like a 'LO Rider'.

Just my two cents (Canadian)

Yes, but we won the IIHF World Juniors.........

BTW

How did you drill the holes in the rubber drain plugs?

LMK

·
Registered
33 Posts
Doublesharp

How did you drill the holes in the rubber drain plugs?

LMK

I use a Forstner bit with a drill press, but imagine a holesaw would work equally as well. I then found a brass fitting that had a barbed nipple the size for the tubing, cut off the threads, and shoved the nipple through the cap from the bottom. I then attached the tubing to the nipple and re-installed the plug over the bolt in the floor. I used some black silicone to seal the nipple and cap.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I used a spade bit. Seems like it was 5/8" and just ran the tube thru the hole and snapped the cap in place. The tube is stiff and if you load something that hits it it could cause the cap to dislodge. I used a stiff piece of wire to ream out the drain hole under the cap. They aren't very big so I can see them getting clogged regularly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed my BakFlip yesterday and followed the directions for the drain. I'll store the caps and use them to plug the drain for hauling barkdust and dirt. Am I the only one hauling this stuff in my new Ridgeline?
I also installed an remote lock on my gate latch. The bed's secure and both works great!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts