Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
2021 Canadian Ridgeline Sport
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a copy of a post in the 2nd Generation section.

This is my solution to the Ridgeline's lack of ground clearance:

Wheel Tire Bicycle Land vehicle Car

Even if I had a Colorado ZR2 or a Jeep Wrangler, there would be many places I would be reluctant to take my new expensive toy. I'm not interested in pinstripes running down the sides of a fairly new vehicle, courtesy of branches on an overgrown trail. With the electric fat bikes, no problem. Trail too narrow for a Jeep? No sweat. 20" log laying across the trail? Just lift the bikes over. Motor vehicles not permitted? No problem - e-bikes are OK. The tires run at 10-15 psi, so ground pressures are very low, which minimizes trail damage. Two-track roads with high centers or rocks requiring a lot of ground clearance are not a problem, either.

There are limits, of course. We're not going mudding with these things, for example.

So far, they're a hoot. Range is about 45 miles with one battery. These particular bikes can mount a second battery and extend the range to 100 miles, which is probably a lot more than my butt can stand.

They don't use any gas, they don't require a trailer, sparkplugs, oil, etc.

Registered
2021 Canadian Ridgeline Sport
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're Biktrix Juggernaut Hub Duo bikes. They're the only hub-drive model in the Juggernaut line, and the least expensive. All the other Juggernaut models are mid-drives. Biktrix is based in Saskatchewan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts