1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Group meet - North Cal - June 25th Saturday - Mt. Diablo:

Lower level parking lot, Mt. Diablo
Saturday June 25th, 12:00pm, Noon

Bring one, bring all, bring your bbq. Let's have a tailgate. The lower lower level parking lot is about 100 yards from the top, you'll see it. If ya miss it just circle around from the top and come up again and turn right. If ya don't have a NAV model then here's the direcitons:

http://www.mdia.org/parkmap.htm

State park entrance fee is $6.

·
Registered
361 Posts
vertrkr:

I will try to get the nerf bar installed for this meeting. I have a couple of suggestions for a goal oriented meeting:

1. Can we meet some where that is free and easier to access? It costs too much unless we are going to spend a lot of time there. Also there is a 30 minute drive just to the top. If anyone is towing, they can't at Mt. Diablo. 580x680 near san Ramon/livermore is probably the most central spot to access within 100 miles.

2. Can we meet in the late afternoon? It takes me over 90 minutes to get there so I have to leave at 10:30am. I am relative close compare to others.

3. Can we meet with the Element club? The southern cal EOC people seems to be really interested in seeing the ridgeline.

4. We need to have a theme. To me, I want to see different accessories such as Tonneau cover, nerf bar, ground illuminator (thus evening meeting), back up sensor, camera, pin stripe or anything else that is only available in this kind of meeting.

5. We should get a local dealer or honda rep involved. Maybe even meet at the dealership as a promo. A really smart dealership will want to have the club meeting there. How about HandA? They are a little far.

If we can accomplish above objective, this will be a much more meaningful meeting. Each of us can share the responsibilities for getting this done. I am sure others can think of more goals.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey Vertrkr, thanks for invite.

I should be able to make it. Dealer is saying my Ridge should be in by the end of may. That'll give me a good month to mod something and if I don't get around to it, seeing everyone else's will give me some inspiration.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blue said:
vertrkr:

I will try to get the nerf bar installed for this meeting. I have a couple of suggestions for a goal oriented meeting:

1. Can we meet some where that is free and easier to access? It costs too much unless we are going to spend a lot of time there. Also there is a 30 minute drive just to the top. If anyone is towing, they can't at Mt. Diablo. 580x680 near san Ramon/livermore is probably the most central spot to access within 100 miles.

2. Can we meet in the late afternoon? It takes me over 90 minutes to get there so I have to leave at 10:30am. I am relative close compare to others.

3. Can we meet with the Element club? The southern cal EOC people seems to be really interested in seeing the ridgeline.

4. We need to have a theme. To me, I want to see different accessories such as Tonneau cover, nerf bar, ground illuminator (thus evening meeting), back up sensor, camera, pin stripe or anything else that is only available in this kind of meeting.

5. We should get a local dealer or honda rep involved. Maybe even meet at the dealership as a promo. A really smart dealership will want to have the club meeting there. How about HandA? They are a little far.

If we can accomplish above objective, this will be a much more meaningful meeting. Each of us can share the responsibilities for getting this done. I am sure others can think of more goals.
I don't have time to arrange much else, if someone wants to take over then you have my blessing.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Let's just keep things flexible. I am sure other members will have good ideas that will take care of each issue. If not, we will do as planned.

How about meeting at Pleasanton? It is supposed to be America's best city by CNN/Money magazine. Does anybody know a good place?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Blue said:
Let's just keep things flexible. I am sure other members will have good ideas that will take care of each issue. If not, we will do as planned.

How about meeting at Pleasanton? It is supposed to be America's best city by CNN/Money magazine. Does anybody know a good place?
how bout dallas, tx........ :rolleyes:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Bummer, I will be at a large Airsoft game in Madera that weekend. I really wanted to make it.
O well next time. :(

Doug

·
Registered
119 Posts
A later start time would make it possible to do a quick road trip from down south...not that I am looking for an excuse for another road trip or anything...

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've got the impression that the NorCal Ridge meet has lost steam, is anyone still interested in meeting June 25th? Trying to see if I can breathe some life into this thread.

I can try to pick a new mutual meeting spot if it'll create some interest. Any suggestions, I'd assume something on the easy bay would be good, do we have interest from the central valley/sac area or even further north? I can't make everyone happy, I think we'll all have to drive but it would be neat to get some owners together.

The original spot works fine too but there seemed to be some questions about location. Should we make this a Meet and Eat? A park sounds good, especially if we can grill some food. Maybe we can get a volunteer to test out the in-bed ice cooler function. I'd be happy to volunteer a 20 lb bag of coals, you can bring your own meat/veggie to grill and a side dish to share. Along the Meet and Eat line and to make things easier, we can do like the SoCal Element club and meet at a burger joint/restaurant. Hey Trevor, think you can make it? Maybe bring out some products from HandA? Might be an opportunity to sell some Ridgeline T-Shirts and Hats, who knows. Which reminds me, what happened to our ridgelineownersclub.com stickers/shirts? That's another idea that seems to have lost some traction unless I missed an update.

Ok, enough rambling for one post, let me know what you think.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'll be there for sure if this meet is for sure...I really didn't mind the drive...and I came from Sacramento...I think I'd like to bomb mt. diablo on my mountain bike...if someone will shuttle me back up...ha ha :)
Let me know.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Move it to Santa Cruz, and I am there!

I'm a vague maybe at Mt. Diablo, though I would like to go there sometime based on the things I have heard about it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Why don't we postpone the meeting until the end of the summer or later when there are more members and more accessories to evaluate.

The greatest value in our meeting will be to actually see the add-on products in person.

Mt Diablo is a good spot but if anyone wants to tow a travel trailer will have a hard time.

My office is near San Jose airport and we have a empty parking lot on weekends. I am sure there are much better spot to meet but it is a alternative. Especially if we have members who are towing a trailer and need a place to park overnight. So let's keep this meeting open until later.

We really need you to attend, Vertrkr, so we all can ask you about the latest software updates.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sounds good to me, as much as I'd love to meet this does seem a little last minute. How about august/september time frame?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts