Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone-
I am in Los Angeles for a couple days for work, so getting the details on our meeting with Honda written down has been difficult since time has been fleeting for me. I will work on this tonight and tomorrow, but here are a few tidbits on some things I mentioned:

The wind noise issue is due to an early problem Honda had getting the robot to correctly fit the gasket seal around the windshield, especially at the rounded top corners. The test the engineer used on ours was to see if he could slide a dollar bill under the gasket and if there was any resistance - there should be. Apparently, the robot "sees" the body and follows the edge around while it seats a foam gasket under the rubber trim around the windshield which, if placed correctly, seats the rubber trim flat against the body. The robot's sight had problems with certain colors and couldn't correctly distinguish between the trim and body causing it to be off a little when seating the gasket. Apparently it was the darker colors (RedRock Pearl, Black) they were having the most problems with. The engineer said they had a devil of a time getting the robot programmed correctly to see the different colors. I have a gap in mine - the dollar bill went in between with no resistance. I don't have the wind noise yet, but the enginner said I likely would eventually.

Just a quick note on the wheels since I need to get going this morning... the stock wheels on the Ridgeline are specifically designed for the vehicle. To quote the engineer; "We had to work back and forth with the vendor on these wheels to get them just right - these are the largest wheels we could put on the Ridgeline that would satisify our criteria." The wheels are designed to satisfy side impact requirements (the wheels are part of the entire side impact mechanism), load requirements (for weight - they are designed to handle the weight of an overloaded bed), speed, and are correctly matched to work with the 4-wheel and stability control systems. Aftermarket wheels do not meet these criteria and putting larger wheels messes with the 4WD and VSA systems because they change the rotational speed of the wheels - these systems work on the rotational speed of the wheels and not the forward speed of the vehicle.

Well, gotta go - I'll have much more later.

-----------------------
MileHigh
RTL RedRock Pearl w/MR

·
Registered
362 Posts
Good report, and good info. Hope you get a chance to share the rest. New name ? other one have the wind noise? :D Thanks again for the info !

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Excellent info. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
460 Posts
aka milehigh?? :D yes, thans alot. more, more, more ;)
hey teck, you have a lighter colored rl, do you have wind noise, i don't remember?

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Thank you for posting this information. It never ceases to amaze me how much thought was put into this vehicle.

I am looking forward to your subsequent posts about this meeting.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Good report, Timspeck/Milehigh. Expecting to hear more. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts