Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let everyone know the meeting with Honda did take place - there were a total of six of us (owners) that attended. I've been busy with work and all and haven't had a chance to sit down and write the details of how it went. We met with four people from Honda. One was the primary marketing person from the Los Angeles office, his counterpart from Japan, a customer rep from Los Angeles and, believe it or not, the chief engineer who headed the Ridgeline project. Apparently, they are traveling to 23 cities to conduct these "focus" groups to primarily find out what we do/don't like about the Ridgeline, our impressions/satisfaction, general questions, what we'd like to see changed and what kinds of enhancements to consider for the next model year. It was a very interesting and enlightening conversation - the entire thing was video taped by Honda, as well as several photos and the people from Honda came out to see our trucks and answer questions. They like our group so much (everyone was very interested in participating and offering their thoughts on the product - no one just sat there and nodded - we were all very active in the conversation), that they are wanting to talk to us more further down the road after we've all had more time with the truck. Myself and one other had theirs the longest - two months. The others only had theirs for a few weeks or less. Several insights on why things are the way they are with the current model, what sort of things they're already planning to change, a very detailed disucssion about why putting on aftermarket wheels and tires is NOT a good idea (the engineer was VERY clear on that), what's causing the wind noise on the early production units, and so forth. There's quite a bit to write about, so I'll sit down in the next 1-2 days and write this all down. In a nutshell, the Ridgeline is an extremely well engineered and thought out vehicle and Honda is very serious about what they're doing. I think we can all pretty much count on the Ridgeline being around for awhile and any other maufacturer that builds trucks should pay attention.

Oh... I plugged ROC to the entire group!

-------------------------
MileHigh
RTL RedRock Pearl w/MR

·
Registered
774 Posts
Nice update, MileHigh. Thanks for taking the time to attend the meeting and to update your fellow ROC members. I'll be looking forward to hearing more details from you.

Any word on whether they plan on doing this type of get together in the Mid-Atlantic region? I'd love to participate.

L

·
0 Posts
denvrfan said:
Nice update, MileHigh. Thanks for taking the time to attend the meeting and to update your fellow ROC members. I'll be looking forward to hearing more details from you.

Any word on whether they plan on doing this type of get together in the Mid-Atlantic region? I'd love to participate.

I would most definately be there myself.
Cleveland or surrounding cities.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think the path Honda has taken with the design and devlopment of this truck is little short of amazing.
Their desire for customer input ,( 2 calls and a written survey) is to say the least, confidence inspiring.
I purchased a first year GMC Savana. Do you think the dealer or GMC contacted me about anything?
I hope they come to Florida, it would be great to be part of a group meeting with them.
Milehigh, thanks for being a part of this
Jules

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
milehigh said:
Oh... I plugged ROC to the entire group!
Thanks! Glad to hear that the focus meeting went so well.

In my effort to further assist Honda with feedback from our users, I'm creating a new "Dear Honda" category on the forum so that we can all give Honda input on the current product as well as about future versions of the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks for attending. I got a call from Ralph Schomp Honda and invited but since I had not yet purchased my RL and Taos is a 4 1/2 hour drive, I did not attend.

I do have as many if not more questions than current owners so am waiting your full report. Please do it just as soon as possible. You are probably the best link many owners (and soon to be owners) will have.

I hope you will make it as detailed as possible. I understand you work and have a life other than with your RL but I am VERY interested in knowing what transpired.

Thanks in advance for your time and energy (-:

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I take my Ody in tomorrow to the dealer and I am going to ask them about any info about this focus group coming to a town near me. I would definitely like to participate in such a discussion.

Thanks for the follow-up on the meeting and I am looking forward to your coming posts about the meeting details.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Thanks for the feedback Milehigh. I too would like to attend such a session. I look forward to your detailed account of what when on and what they said.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
While a face to face would be nice I know for a fact that Honda is watching the ROC.

One of my posts was quoted back almost verbatim by a manager in the Customer Service Group.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
How exciting for you, Milehigh. I'm glad you posted enough to tease us and I'm anxious for more.

I, too, would love to attend and have such an opportunity to have direct input. I live in an overlooked region of the country, so I'm sure we're not on the 23 city tour. Anyone else on the forum that gets the invite, remember, you represent those of us who will not be able to take this action. Please take good notes and report back to the rest of us.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Only six in attendance?
Too bad. Hope they check out the forums!
I have a good list.
At least you know they care.
I agree with the wheel thing, in fact, I won't put much into this one.
I'll wait 'till my next one. :)
Is there a list of the cities for these meetings?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Milehigh - meeting the chief engineer must have been quite an experience. I look forward to reading your next post - especially concerning after-market wheels/tires.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey Milehigh, I'm very interested in knowing what the engineer said about aftermarket tires & wheels not being a good idea. Can you give us more detailed information??

·
Registered
460 Posts
oh man milehigh...........i am holding my breath waiting for your post. i need input for sure. i really like the ridge but have become somewhat nervous due to issues we are all having/reporting. Im afraid to take it to the dealer because honda wont/hasnt issued service bulletins. i live near dallas and would love to go to one of these groups and will if they come out this way.
and let me echo what the others have said milehigh, thanks for your effort and your time. pretty selfless and i appreciate it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Milehigh, thank you for taking the time to feed all of us that are very hungry for your next post and envious of you being able to attend the meeting. Look forward to the upcoming post.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts