Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was loading things in the bed and noticed this was broken.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Mine broke about two years ago. I think it cost $30 for the replacement cable. I installed it myself in less than 10 minutes.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine broke about two years ago. I think it cost $30 for the replacement cable. I installed it myself in less than 10 minutes.
Yeah, replacement looks easy.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll probably go both ways. Wait.. that doesn't sound right....

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Plenty of replacements including aftermarket. Mine broke and believe the non-Honda replacement I bought was less than $15 delivered. It actually looked to be better quality than the OEM version. Never had an issue with the replacement. Dorman part# 38543 is one choice. It will take longer to find your tools than the actual job of replacing it will take.

I'm almost sure this is what I bought from back in 2013:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/311086067370?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

·
Registered
234 Posts
Mine did the exact same thing about 3 or 4 years ago. Very simple to replace. Had to order it since the dealer didnt stock it.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Mine broke about three years ago, went to the dealer, got the new one and replaced it in minutes.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ha! Thanks to the part number I found it on Amazon for 19 bucks and some change. I know the ebay was cheaper but I didn't want to have to set up another account. :smile:

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It will take longer to find your tools than the actual job of replacing it will take.
HA! You got that right. I don't have tool that will fit the bolt head. Some kind of large star shape. Had some things that almost fit but don't want to strip it.

Luckily I work at a semi-truck service shop. Maybe one of the mechanics has one.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Was sittin on my tail gate having a pizza... And just dropped... Quick stop at Honda and $30 later, all fixed!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts