Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did a stupid thing the week before Christmas, very foggy morning backing out of my driveway and backed into a neighbors truck. I was going maybe 2mph. My bumper hit the tow hook on the persons car. Took it to Collex a local well known body shop in my area. Freaking $1956.00. New bumper and paint, it was originally $1500 and change until they took it apart and saw the trailer hitch was bent. Really the trailer hitch was bent? I couldn't argue with them but had a hard time believe that. Anyway it was one expensive lesson. FYI.......the unpainted OME bumper was almost $800

Attachments

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Had some paint scraped off my front bumper by someone and it was almost $1300. I kept the money and put a ouch bandaid sticker over it haha. But kinda wild you had any metal damage.

·
Registered
579 Posts
That sounds high. Seriously.
I was rear ended recently. Driver estimated doing 25-35mph and mine was $2200.
New bumper, both bumper supports/absorbers, "all" black trim pieces, tail light, towing hitch (broke welds) and new cat-back exhaust.
This included paint, flex additive for paint (needed since the bumper is plastic and flex's), clear coat and labor.
It's still in the body shop atm and they said they would prolly end up getting new fasteners as they old ones were damaged also.

I would get a 2nd and 3rd estimate from well known shops if I were you.

·
Registered
579 Posts
You can get the parts cheaper yourself.
I saw a New OEM factory receiver on Amazon for $50

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I can't complain too much, out of pocket was $250. First "Accident" in 15 years. I think the price was about right. I had a large scrape on the left side on the plastic bumper from someone in a parking lot. When I stopped at the Honda dealer it was almost $1000 just to repaint it. I sanded it out and sprayed it for 20 bucks

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
What??? $50 for the entire trailer reciever, that can't be right
Seller is Honda, don't know if it's actually a Honda dealer, but its a new oem trailer receiver.
I buy all my fluids from them.
They only list one every month and one was just listed as in stock a few days ago.

It's not like there is a big demand for them now ;)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Buy it and take it to them to install. That would drop the price a nice amount.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
It's a truck Not a love affair. Drive it and stop worrying about these little life happenings.
Note: here in Bama it's obligatory to have bad tires, a cracked windshield and a light (or two) out; it's where your junkers come to retire.

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
The truck has been done for a a week, the price on the receipt was Honda RL trailer hitch $459.12. The Honda box was still in the back of my truck
I know, I checked the prices also.
I was going to buy it and take it to the shop, but the shop already bought/received the new one when I called them so I didn't.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Just checked and they raised the price to $55 .....lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
I think that split in the bumper is where the Ridgeline Owners Club sticker is supposed to go.

Was rear ended and I took the cash, backed into a boulder backing out of someones way on a one lane road and dented and split the left rear corner and popped the clips off the attachment at the sheet metal. Clear packing tape keeping it in place. Sometimes I miss the old school diamond plate steel bumpers.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I would just drive it. I have 2-3 holes in my rear bumper from backing into bushes, rocks, yada yada. I also have scrapes in the bed! Oh I'm such a sinner!

Hell it's a truck for crying out loud!

·
Registered
579 Posts
I would just drive it. I have 2-3 holes in my rear bumper from backing into bushes, rocks, yada yada. I also have scrapes in the bed! Oh I'm such a sinner!

Hell it's a truck for crying out loud!
Something wrong with maintaining our vehicle to our liking?

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,069 Posts
My truck is 9 years old and has 151k miles. The original owner had the tailgate down in the woods and lightly backed into a tree. The tailgate sheet metal was creased slightly, but you can't really notice it unless you get close to it. I've always wanted to get it fixed, but the money involved is simply too much. So, I just deal with it. I've got scratches, nicks and a few random dents on the truck. It's an older truck, so it doesn't bother all that much anymore. However, that hole in the bumper... I would fix it. Not something I would just get used to. It's amazing what body shops charge for paint and labor these days, but it's always an expensive endeavor to fix and repaint a bumper. A buddy of mine just had his BMW 3-series bumper repainted because the paint was flaking and bubbling. $1200.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts