Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at H and A accessories for a few accessories that I want to pick up in the near future to add to my Ridlgeline. My question is this.. The first accessory I wanted to add was the gold emblem package.

So, I added it to my cart, and went on to the shipping page, put in my zip code, and it displayed the shipping prices. The quoted shipping it gave me was almost as much as the emblem kit! In the range of $70+ for standard ground shipping!

I really want to get a few accessories for my Ridge, but the shipping costs its giving me are insane. Is this the norm for H and A? What shipping costs have other seen ordering stuff from H and A? If this is the norm, why are the shipping costs so substantial?

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Jaiieq, Hope I spelled your name right!. I bought the Full nose mask and rear mudflaps from www.collegehillshonda.com and it was really painless! Way better than my dealer for price and they even have installation instructions in PDF format. Check um out. :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
I took advantage of good discounts and got quite a few items(carpeted mats, trunk dividers, bed extender unassmbldetc Oh also got pen paint,sun screen and Ridge cap. Shipping was very low, arrived in about 3 days and in good condition. Very happy with purchase. Only which they would handle other parts- had to go elswhere for roof track moulding(thinking of removing roof rackfor more aero dynmc look). Also tps for wheels (19" or 20" replacements).

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've placed orders from both sites and colleghillshonda.com is cheaper than H&A. I bought the hood deflector from H&A and had it shipped snail mail it cost me $129.90. I didn't do my research when I purchased the hood deflector. I did do the research however when I purchased the moon roof visor and the door window visors. I've saved myself about 20-30 dollars by purchasing it through colleghillshonda.com. H&A's shipping is expensive but they sent the product out quick so no complaints here. I placed my order at collegehillshonda.com this tuesday and it should be here sat or monday. I'll leave feedback about collegehillshonda.com when my order gets in next week.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I will be going to College Hills Honda next weekend. I made it part of the trip to the Amish country and figured that it deserved a stop there for some accessories. I also had ordered the door protectors from H & A. Shipping was 10.00 for ground UPS and took about 5 days to get here. I am happy about that order.

At H & A, I also notice that the shipping seemed to vary alot by what you ordered. The door protectors came with corner protectors to keep the boxes from crushing and it was will worth the 10.00 dollars but, for example, the wind deflector was 27.00 dollars for shipping. Must of been some special packing or something. I will get that item at College Hills.

If all else fails, you might try calling them for shipping assistance.

Honda Guy

·
Registered
141 Posts
Anybody have any experience dealing with http://www.cheaphondaparts.com/. They seem to be the cheapest Honda Parts on the web and very cheap shipping on heavy items like trailer hitches and bed extenders. Anybody got a proven source that's cheaper?

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
Everyone is free to shop and compare prices - that's the American way. ;)

That being said, I just want to step in and remind everyone that H-and-A helps to pay the bills here at ROC, so please be sure to show them some support.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I'll second that T Mac! I am sure that this is not an inexpensive site to host. That certainly is worth some serious consideration for the value that we all receive on this site.

Thanks, again!

·
Registered
205 Posts
T Mac said:

That being said, I just want to step in and remind everyone that H-and-A helps to pay the bills here at ROC, so please be sure to show them some support.

Thanks.
And we need more cowbell

·
Registered
141 Posts
T Mac said:

Thanks.
The services and information this site gives has definately influenced my decision on buying the Ridgeline, and knowing H+A is sponsoring this site will play a big part in my accessory purchases. Thanks T Mac for that info.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
T Mac said:

Thanks.
Thanks T-Mac - I showed my support for H&A by ordering the fog-lights last night. An ambitious install, but I'll post pics.

I ordered the floor mats from another online dealer, mentioned the color required in a comments box, and they still sent the wrong ones. I note that H&A specifically ask what color is required for the mats and fog light switch, so kudos to them.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Lingered_I said:
They probably have a typo in the weight of the item in their database. Other sites show around $8.00 for ground shipment of that item. You should call H&A to check.
That was it exactly. Sorry for the inconvenience. Its all fixed now.

Thanks for the support!

-Trevor
HandA-Accessories.com

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
H&A said:

Thanks for the support!

-Trevor
HandA-Accessories.com
That is also the reason why I did not buy the Gold Emblem and my Dash Kit from H&A...the typo!! Oh well. :p

·
Registered
141 Posts
H&A said:

Thanks for the support!

-Trevor
HandA-Accessories.com
Trevor: Might there be other errors in the database? I have a long list of accessories and some of the shipping rates appear to be questionable.
The emblem kit was one of the items, and it appears to be now be corrected. But, what about the Air deflector, shipping listed as $24.65, while the grille is only listed as only $7.45 and the brushguard is only $10.45. Is that one wrong also?
One final question, are the shipping rates meant to be additive, shipped as single items, versus a large order when shipping rates are sometimes less when combined with other purchases?

·
Registered
762 Posts
RidgeMe said:
Trevor: Might there be other errors in the database? I have a long list of accessories and some of the shipping rates appear to be questionable.
The emblem kit was one of the items, and it appears to be now be corrected. But, what about the Air deflector, shipping listed as $24.65, while the grille is only listed as only $7.45 and the brushguard is only $10.45. Is that one wrong also?
One final question, are the shipping rates meant to be additive, shipped as single items, versus a large order when shipping rates are sometimes less when combined with other purchases?
Those rates are actually correct. The box the air deflector comes in is much larger than the other items so UPS charges us the 30 lb rate due to the size of the box.

For the shippings rates it is all of the above. The system is setup as best we can to combine items when they can be combined for calculating the shipping charge and when the items are sized or shipped in ways that can't combine it calculates the shipping for each item. For example an air deflector and a grill can't ship in the same box, but a taillight trim and splash guards can. It isn't a perfect system but it does get the prices quite close and often dead on.

-Trevor

·
Registered
141 Posts
H&A said:
Those rates are actually correct. The box the air deflector comes in is much larger than the other items so UPS charges us the 30 lb rate due to the size of the box.

For the shippings rates it is all of the above. The system is setup as best we can to combine items when they can be combined for calculating the shipping charge and when the items are sized or shipped in ways that can't combine it calculates the shipping for each item. For example an air deflector and a grill can't ship in the same box, but a taillight trim and splash guards can. It isn't a perfect system but it does get the prices quite close and often dead on.

-Trevor
I really appreciate that you looked into this matter. Thanks for the explaination, and support you give to this site.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
H&A said:

Thanks for the support!

-Trevor
HandA-Accessories.com
Thanks a lot for the heads up.

(On a side note, my original post was not a dig at H and A. I probably should have first sent my question directly to them, but on the same token, wanted to see if maybe it was just me (or perhaps my zip code) that was causing the large inflation of shipping prices)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Just wanted to say Thank You to those of you that have posted here regarding H and A. As a result, I visited their site today and purchased over $200 in accessories that I had planned on purchasing from a dealer's site.

I was very pleased with the selection and pricing ( both of the items and the shipping prices ) and I have been very pleased with this site!

Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts