Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Thanks for posting this update. These instructions can give us some idea what these parts look like since there don't seem to be many photos around.

·
2,346 Posts
Thanks for the update. Any word on when you will be able to snag a picture of the rear seat DVD system?

·
Registered
200 Posts
H and A,

Where is the Bed Tonneau Cover , wasn't it there before?
Also the mettalic interior trim instructions give page not found error.

Any Idean what shipping would cost for teh Tonneau cover to Arizona?

Thanks

·
Registered
762 Posts
delphi7x10 said:
H and A,

Where is the Bed Tonneau Cover , wasn't it there before?
Also the mettalic interior trim instructions give page not found error.

Any Idean what shipping would cost for teh Tonneau cover to Arizona?

Thanks

I initially figured the tonneau cover would be too large for us to ship (after seeing the picture of it in the brochure I knew it would be too large) and then today Honda released the updated list of accessories and it isn't on the new list.

I fixed the link for the interior trim instructions.

-Trevor

·
Registered
200 Posts
Trevor,

Thanks for the update, but I wonder does that mean we have to wait for an after market Tonneau cover, or just that it will be late from Honda. Or maybe they will make it standard equipment ( yes I dream ).

Robert

·
2,346 Posts
Nice pictures. Keep 'em coming. :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
At H&A site, they now have the picture for what is being called the fog light on the front bumper. I've been asking the dealership why didn't those come standard in the first place. To install these things, you have to cut 2 big old holes in the bumper. The picture shows the plastic insert cover as black, but you would hope they come in the different vehicle colors. I'm disappointed they are an after thought by Honda and not already molded in the bumper :(

·
2,346 Posts
I am also curious as to why certain accessories are not available as a factory option.

Take the rear seat DVD, for example. The install looks very complicated and time consuming. Just looking at the instructions from the CollegeHills Honda site show practically most of the interior being dismantled in some way to install this accessory. Seem like it would have been easier to offer this installed at the factory. If I am not mistaken, you could only get the RES DVD on the '05 Ody if you got it as a package with the Navi system from the factory.

I wonder if Honda deliberatly left out some of these accessories to 'test' the market. It is obvious that by adding them in to a trim level would have made that particular trim level very expensive. A high(er) price tag would have been excellent fodder for criticism. Maybe they are going to wait and see how much money people spend and on what accessories and decide if they should add them to an existing trim level or create a new one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The fog light pic looks to have the chrome trim as well as the alternate grill, and the wheel image above has the fender flares. I do wounder how dent resistant the Metallic Interior Trim will be. the image at the top looks to be a fully loaded Ridgeline.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Was Honda thinking we're all ER MDs (from Florida) when they planned the install for the fog lights...? Installation extra...??
Us less-talented folks in California wish their new RT-L would include this useful feature, since we deal with fog alot, during the Valley-Fog season...

·
2,346 Posts
Good one, jab_od. It is bad enough that you have to pay extra for the foglights but the installation is not that simple. I know I don't have the stomach to cut holes into my bumpers to install them myself.

I am surprised that Honda didn't include the foglights, at least on the top 2 trim levels.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Ok, I've decided I'm going to install the fogs myself. I know the bumpers come pre-marked on the back for correct placement so long as I'm careful and don't over cut all should be well. When first looking at the directions I was overwhelmed but reviewing them again it doesn't seem so bad taking it step by step.

I'll certainly have the dealer install the backup camera & sensors as that's just too complicated and you get a warranty for like a year a believe on the install in the dealer does it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So, does anyone have any idea what the toneau covers are going to cost? Pictures look interesting. My local dealer here in Ohio sez they have 4 new Ridgeline's arriving on Monday; all RTL's. Seems as though most dealers are getting the same type of units.

Kurbie

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
kurbie said:
So, does anyone have any idea what the toneau covers are going to cost? Pictures look interesting. My local dealer here in Ohio sez they have 4 new Ridgeline's arriving on Monday; all RTL's. Seems as though most dealers are getting the same type of units.

Kurbie
The only online dealer (collegehillshonda) that mentions them has a price for $1,074 but says they are "Available at a later date".

1 - 20 of 38 Posts