Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at the fuse box in the drivers foot well I noticed a blank spot (no fuse installed) for an item labeled HAC Option. I have no idea what that is but popped in the 7.5A fuse to see if anything new would pop up, nothing did. The manual didn't have anymore info other than have it in quotes meaning it's not normally installed. Still curious what the heck it is, anyone know?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
vertrkr said:
Looking at the fuse box in the drivers foot well I noticed a blank spot (no fuse installed) for an item labeled HAC Option. I have no idea what that is but popped in the 7.5A fuse to see if anything new would pop up, nothing did. The manual didn't have anymore info other than have it in quotes meaning it's not normally installed. Still curious what the heck it is, anyone know?
That's for the optional icemaker in the trunk. The Have-A-Corona option. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
it is for the Honda Automatic Klystron. Indeed, faster than light travel may be possible

·
Registered
536 Posts
Searching the service manual for HAC didn't turn up anything.

I didn't have time to look into the wiring harness though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
HAC is the accessories division of Honda. Honda Accessories Corporation, I think. The fuse is probably for the trailer hitch wiring harness, as I think it is the only electrical accessory.

·
Registered
493 Posts
The instructions at college honda show more than one fuse installation for the hitch. I have the hitch installed but I have not checked the fuse box yet.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bliss53 said:
The instructions at college honda show more than one fuse installation for the hitch. I have the hitch installed but I have not checked the fuse box yet.
I installed the hitch myself and that was not one of the spots where a fuse went for it. Maybe for the Honda backup sensors or camera which I've yet to install.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
could it be for a rear fog light fuse? one of the rear tail lights may turn on during night time driving??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts