Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those looking to change the color of their bulbs for the RTL/RTS/RT this is the route I'm going. Hoen
I've used them before and they have the H11 for lows, H8 for fogs and 9005 for the high beam.

For the lows you can use the 55w that are under the fog section. That is what other companies low beams are rated at.

· Registered
182 Posts
never heard of them. I retained my stock fogs and modified an H9 for the low beams and 9011 for the highs... all Philips of course. HALOGEN power! :) the stock low beam is an Osram, quality stuff... once the H9 expires, I may buy another or stick the stock H11 back in there. No one has flashed me yet.... the brighter bulbs in the projector do not cause glare and no one has flashed me yet. if they do, I'll flood their retinas with 4700 lumens of high-beams ;)

· Registered
44 Posts
I replaced my Fogs with some H8 LED's from Superbright LED.
The left one failed after only a couple of weeks. SB LED replaced it. It failed AGAIN after maybe a month. Now the right has failed also....
I talked to them Tuesday. They are going to run a "test" (just letting it run for 24 hrs straight) on the LED to see if there is an issue. They said they've not had a 2017 RL to test to see if there is something weird with the electrical system that does not like LED's for the foglights.
I dunno if I want to continue to be their Test Dummy. I may just get my money back and go Halogen.
Anyone else have issues with LED's bulbs for the Foglights?

Thanks,
Scott P.

· Registered
3,689 Posts
Replaced the OEM halogen bulbs in my 17 RTS yesterday with a slightly upgraded H11 Sylvania Xtravision. Just a tad better than OEM, seems to push a little more light to the sides and straight ahead. I've used these in my Accord and CRV with decent results for the halogen world. Considering that my Accord has a V6, there's much more working room to remove the bulbs in the Accord than the RL. And then you have to remove the snorkel for the driver side, WTF?? Yes, it could be worse but I see those snorkel push pin things breaking and becoming brittle. No way I could change these bulbs in a pinch outside in snowstorm.

· Registered
136 Posts
I just did my high beams with Phillips LED from Xenon Depot. The snorkel wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, from everyone making a stink about getting to the battery and such. It was a very easy job for me to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.