Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had an issue getting your phone to connect to the hands free link. My Wife's android connects fine but my dumb phone(Samsung Convoy™ 3 from Verizon) says it is paired but never gives me the pass code prompt and doesn't connect. Took it to Honda and spoke with the tech guru and was told that it could be the phone (possibly a bad Bluetooth antenna). Went to Verizon... My phone connected to a Bluetooth speaker and the floor model connected to the RL. ARRRRGGG!!!:act060: The Verizon rep said it could be the software but my phone was up to date. Then he stated it could be the update. The floor model had the original software. Guess I'm not using Handsfree link.

Fred

·
Administrator
16,102 Posts
The Verizon Samsung U680 Convoy 3 is listed as compatible on this website. That means Honda has verified it will work. If it doesn't, then:

1) You're not doing something right.
2) The phone is broken.
3) The phone may have newer firmware than the version Honda tested which rendered it incompatible.

If you're sure you're doing it right, then that's probably where the story ends.

·
Registered
58 Posts
"The Verizon rep said it could be the software but my phone was up to date. Then he stated it could be the update. The floor model had the original software."

Did you check the build number of the version?

I had a iPhone 4s that one release of IOS-8 had a little bug that the bluetooth didn't work, but a new build of that version a few days later of it cure it.

My iPhone 6 plus IOS-8 works just fine.

I know this isn't much help for you.

Can't you dLoad the version of software the floor model had?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"The Verizon rep said it could be the software but my phone was up to date. Then he stated it could be the update. The floor model had the original software."

Did you check the build number of the version?

I had a iPhone 4s that one release of IOS-8 had a little bug that the bluetooth didn't work, but a new build of that version a few days later of it cure it.

My iPhone 6 plus IOS-8 works just fine.

I know this isn't much help for you.

Can't you dLoad the version of software the floor model had?
The Floor model phone had the base firmware and can not be updated. My phone has the next version of the firmware. I was told I could reset my phone to the base and not update it but there is no guarantee it would work. I guess I am stuck with my head set.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wife's Lumia 1020 works perfectly, good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts