Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Honda will be making their HandsFreeLink available on the Ridgeline, either from the factory or from the dealer?

HandsFreeLink is Honda's name for their wireless (bluetooth) "handsfree" cell phone connection. For reference, Chrysler calls theirs U-Connect and Ford calls their MobleEase. If you have a "bluetooth" enabled cell phone, simply getting into the vehicle with it (in your pocket, briefcase, purse, etc), the cell phone will link into the vehicle's audio system, and you can make/receive phone calls without having to touch the cell phone.

Honestly, it seems kind of strange for a completely new design to not have their offered, but I am guessing (hoping) that in the rush to get the Ridgeline out the door, Honda skipped a few things like this, and will catch up eventually and offer it.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I wonder if that feature is built-in the Navi version of the RTL...It could be disabled and all it would need is a firmware upgrade.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Honda only offers that on the Acura models. I seriously doubt they'll make it an acceccory anytime soon for the Honda models. The Accords had a lesser version of it at some point in the past but was discontinued. Heck, we don't even have a trip computer much less a luxury item like blue tooth connectivity. 3rd party products are the only option at this point such as Parrot:

http://www.driveblue.com/(jwxzkmaio4jeda55vk3gav55)/Default.aspx?root=advanced

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
vertrkr said:
Honda only offers that on the Acura models.
I read a press release from Honda, dated last year, that HandsFreeLink would be standard on the 2005 RL, but optional on the Odyssey. Of course, last year, there would be no official mention of the Ridgeline yet.

I also am not sure if it really ever got offered as an option (dealer or factory) on the Odyssey.

"Honda will offer the system as standard equipment on the 2005 Acura RL and as options on both the 2005 Acura MDX and 2005 Honda Odyssey in the United States and Canada beginning this month."

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
PArider said:
I read a press release from Honda, dated last year, that HandsFreeLink would be standard on the 2005 RL, but optional on the Odyssey. Of course, last year, there would be no official mention of the Ridgeline yet.

I also am not sure if it really ever got offered as an option (dealer or factory) on the Odyssey.
Not offered for the Ody in any fashsion. If they ever do I'll be the first in line for it for mine. For now I know a couple of people who've install one of the Parrot models on their '05 Ody have had good luck with it so far.

·
Registered
361 Posts
None of my cars have hands-free bluetooth. But all of my mobile phones have speakerphone with voice command. I did not get the voice command feature activated which cost $2 per month from Cingular.

When the phone rings, I turn off radio, click the speaker phone and talk hands free. If RL had bluetooth, I would have gotten it with navi. I am not worried about myself, but I am concerned about my son driving and fumbling with the phone.

Theorectically, I can activate the voice command feature and when the call comes in, I turn off the radio, take the call by voice, and start speaker phone by voice, then talk hand free. But the phone has to be in direct line of the person talking.

The only problem is taking a call from someone you do not want. because you can not see the incoming phone number. Bluetooth is better.

My next car will have blue tooth which probably cost $3000 more with navigation? maybe. Stick with speaker phone now for free.

·
Registered
1 Posts
anyone adapt honda handsfree link to 2006 ridgeline??????

I will try in the next month any help I will post and picture when I finished.

I need info in:

1.- mute signal to the radio.

2.- any diagram to the fuse box under the driver.

you can send your info or image, pdf etc to my email:

[email protected]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wish you luck on this project. I would like to get this installed also. Keep us informed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts