Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
20,701 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving! Mine was very low key this year - just me, my brother, and his husband. They cooked a chicken and made green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and rolls. We visited a few hours then I went for a walk and took a nap. I changed the oil and rotated the tires for the first time and clean the interior on the '21 Ridgeline this morning - it's too cold to wash the exterior, so I'm considering going to a cash wash for the first time in...decades?

·
Premium Member
2021 Obsidian Blue RTL
288 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving! Mine was very low key this year - just me, my brother, and his husband. They cooked a chicken and made green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and rolls. We visited a few hours then I went for a walk and took a nap. I changed the oil and rotated the tires for the first time and clean the interior on the '21 Ridgeline this morning - it's too cold to wash the exterior, so I'm considering going to a cash wash for the first time in...decades?
Sound like a nice Thanksgiving @zroger73. And you didn't even take the day off.

However, I can't believe, in this age of global warming, that it's too cold outside...in Texas... How can this be?

Go ahead... it's ok to admit that you really didn't "feel" like washing your truck. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: zroger73

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Safe travels. You’ve got a great vehicle for doing that trip. I made the trip from PT to Nashville with as most comfort a seven decade old body can provide.
Hopefully with the Ridgeline's really good AWD system and the new Michelin CrossClimates I won't run into the kind of problems 11 vehicles did in eastern Washington where a black ice covered overpass struck. Thats my biggest concern.
I'm used to driving cross country in a semi and my last long trip in a four-wheeler was in a 76 F250 High-Boy with full-time 4-wheel drive. I'm sure the Ridgeline will be much more enjoyable, comfortable, and efficient than either of those.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
My trip back was in Feb/Mar of 2019 with snow predicted. Since I was going through North Dakota/Minnesota, I installed a set of Nokian WR SUV which insured fair weather.

·
Administrator
20,701 Posts
...it's too cold to wash the exterior so I'm considering going to a cash wash for the first time in...decades?
Well, I did it. I went to a drive-through car wash. I didn't notice any missing panels or dents afterwards. Aside from the dried bugs that it had no effect on, it did better than I expected. It'll do for now.

Curiously, the price of gasoline at the Shell station where the car wash is located was $2.99 per gallon - not $2.999. I don't think I've ever not seen the extra $0.009 on the price of gasoline in my lifetime.

The $8 wash effectively cost me $6.36 because you get a $0.10/gallon discount when you add a wash.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Well, I did it. I went to a drive-through car wash. I didn't notice any missing panels or dents afterwards. Aside from the dried bugs that it had no effect on, it did better than I expected. It'll do for now.

Curiously, the price of gasoline at the Shell station where the car was is located was $2.99 per gallon - not $2.999. I don't think I've ever not seen the extra $0.009 on the price of gasoline in my lifetime.

The $8 wash effectively cost me $6.36 because you get a $0.10/gallon discount when you add a wash.
I've only once had damage from a car wash and that was because the dummy in front of me hit the brakes and I hit the car I couldn't see stopped in all the spray. luckily we had very similar cars with the same bumper heights, mine was a Dodge Omni GLH and there's was a Plymouth Horizon.
That being said my Mustang's paint was starting to show some wear after 15 years of monthly automatic car washes that was thankfully camouflaged by the light windveil blue paint. The nose had a lot of chips but that was mostly from driving sand and salt covered winter roads.
That being said in the winter I've only taken my Ridgeline through no-touch automated washes.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Curiously, the price of gasoline at the Shell station where the car was[h] is located was $2.99 per gallon - not $2.999. I don't think I've ever not seen the extra $0.009 on the price of gasoline in my lifetime.
Nope, I've never seen any fuel priced to the even cent - gotta ask if you noticed that was for all grades? Perhaps an error on pump setup? Curious indeed!

I any case glad to read folks had a Happy Thanksgiving. I was thankful to enjoy another one with my 95 years young Mom, I'd cooked a turkey and had yams, roasted brussels sprouts, and spinach-parmesan salad (we both ate too much (y)). And of course we enjoyed the dog show on the tube, Mom wouldn't miss that!

;) :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've gone to darkside GM 2022 LTD Silverado Custom Trail Boss 4X4 land but wish you all the best.... btw the 310 HP 2.7L Turbo 4 w/420 ftlbs of TQ is amazing. Efficiency TBD but drove home 44 or so miles and from 7000' to 9000' it achieved 20 mpg via computer.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The 2022 Trail Boss with the 2.7 Turbo 420 ft lbs high torque engine can climb a very steep grade out here in 8th its top gear and accelerate when boost kicks. Literally throwing, snow, sand and rocks in 2WD. I have a long held wear in technique where I never exceed 75% of redline and keep speed range 35-60 ish, lug the hades out of an engine up hill to super seal rings and cylinders. I have never had anything this torquey since racing days doing my break in technique. It's quiet too. Most regular engines lug or with new TCM/ECM down shift. Not this pig!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts