Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, Finally making some progress on the Exterior, But overall happy with the progress.

2" Truxx installed back in Nov 2015, 265/60/18 Cooper ATP Tires, Factory Wheels, and 30MM Spacers to give a wider stance.

Still a few other exterior projects in the works...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I don't know anything about this, so forgive my ignorance with this question; but wouldn't those spacers throw off the steering geometry enough to cause uneven wear patterns??.... and maybe adversely impact handling characteristics?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spacers are used on even high end sports cars. I wanted to widen the stance, which offers better handling. I took it in right after for another Alignment, it had been about 8 months since my last one anyways after the 2" Truxx kit was added and the larger tires. Everything was within specs and my good friend, a tech at a honda dealership that does all my honda maintenance checked it all out. He is now ordering the same for his ridgeline.

I just didn't want to change Rims right now as I have been waiting for some NEW KMC's to come out. Even with those, you can get different offsets which push the tires further out just the same as a spacer does.

Ultimately it comes down to preference. People either love em, or hate them.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Spacers are used on even high end sports cars. I wanted to widen the stance, which offers better handling. I took it in right after for another Alignment, it had been about 8 months since my last one anyways after the 2" Truxx kit was added and the larger tires. Everything was within specs and my good friend, a tech at a honda dealership that does all my honda maintenance checked it all out. He is now ordering the same for his ridgeline.

I just didn't want to change Rims right now as I have been waiting for some NEW KMC's to come out. Even with those, you can get different offsets which push the tires further out just the same as a spacer does.

Ultimately it comes down to preference. People either love em, or hate them.
Are you sure that when they are used on those "high end" sports cars, they aren't being used to correct the offset in order to use a particular aftermarket wheel design?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you sure that when they are used on those "high end" sports cars, they aren't being used to correct the offset in order to use a particular aftermarket wheel design?
Hi Dnick, you are correct to a degree. Some do use wheel spacers to correct offsets for aftermarket wheels. Although Most buyers of aftermarket wheels pick Offsets that fit their needs, or the luxury cars most often buy 3 piece wheels that are custom made anyways direct to the specs of the customer.

Either way, I know I am new to this board, not very active since I registered, as my ridgeline was going to be more of an "addition" to the family. A Truck my wife would be more comfortable driving, but i have a bad habit of always modifying any vehicle i own :) My Vehicle is a Audi RS4. I am no complete expert on car manufacturing and design, but have spent 10+ years on and off managing Automotive Performance Shops helping customers customize Audi, BMW, Porsche, and VW Vehicles.

I have used spacers on and off for 15+ years, never had any issues or major abnormal wear. Yes of course it won't offer the same tire wear as a complete factory set up.

I see you are pretty active on here with posting and appreciate your post to maybe help others with the decision on what they want for their ridgeline. I do know that a Wheel spacer is not going to cause anything major (within reason) - of course if someone tries to offset their wheels by a few inches, then they will seem some quicker than normal wear on their vehicle.

Have I had any issues? No, Have Countless 1000's of others who use spacers, no. Again, its just the Same as Someone going and buying a New Rim with a Deep Dish offset. They are pushing their stance wider.

Either way, again, its a love or hate relationship on this subject... with any type of vehicle. There are those who would never use them, those that never have but hate them, and those that have used them on vehicles their entire lives.

I love them when I need them. Eventually, when KMC comes out with their new wheels that you can design, customize, then order.. I will set up the same stance and order an offset so that I will have just the rim, and no more spacers needed.

·
Registered
308 Posts
330TAG - Sharp looking RL, we may be neighbors soon, selling the house in Arizona and hoping to move to CDA sometime in September.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
330TAG - Sharp looking RL, we may be neighbors soon, selling the house in Arizona and hoping to move to CDA sometime in September.
NICE!. I just spent 14 Years down in Scottsdale. Got tired of it and came back up to CDA Last summer.

And a Personal Plug Here :wink: If you need help selling down there or buying up here let me know. Thats my line of work for the past 10 Years

Would be nice to see another Ridgeline in the area!!

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
330 did you use the different specs for alignment that Truxxs sends with the kit. Or use stock specs or have and off road place that knows there $hit with lifted trucks and alignment. Some of these kits dont have that info for realigning a lifted truck. I went by there specs and just bought my third set of tires on in 110,000 miles. They all wore even in there time and it might sound like low miles to some but Im one for some tread in the winter months so I change out a bit early if needed and rotate every oil change between 7500 and 8000 miles.. If you need the specs ask but you have a Truxx lift and was wondering if they still gave out that info. Dont know if spacers changes anything but im sure its better then the stock specs. I just went with a 1" taller tire and all is good. Truxxs is good to work with i ordered a new set of front links after 80,000 miles and had them in a couple days and much cheaper then listed. Your truck looks good hope your enjoying it and im interested in them specs on them new wheels you might be getting. Keep us posted.........

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
330 did you use the different specs for alignment that Truxxs sends with the kit. Or use stock specs or have and off road place that knows there $hit with lifted trucks and alignment. Some of these kits dont have that info for realigning a lifted truck. I went by there specs and just bought my third set of tires on in 110,000 miles. They all wore even in there time and it might sound like low miles to some but Im one for some tread in the winter months so I change out a bit early if needed and rotate every oil change between 7500 and 8000 miles.. If you need the specs ask but you have a Truxx lift and was wondering if they still gave out that info. Dont know if spacers changes anything but im sure its better then the stock specs. I just went with a 1" taller tire and all is good. Truxxs is good to work with i ordered a new set of front links after 80,000 miles and had them in a couple days and much cheaper then listed. Your truck looks good hope your enjoying it and im interested in them specs on them new wheels you might be getting. Keep us posted.........
Hey Northern, I used an Alignment shop that also lifts trucks. I skipped all the other places, from my experience managing a few performance shops, most alignment places can't do anything that is not Factory and by the books.

i'll call over to the guy who did it, they should have the specs in their system from Before my Spacers and after as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
RL looks great, just waiting for warranty to run out to install lift and offset rims and tires.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well still to this date, everything is still perfect on the truck. Same tires, no issues to report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
330 like your ridge and its stance. Good to here no issues with your mods. I just bought a ridge from my neihbor and plan on doing a lift and tires. I like the factory rims but like the looks of how your wheels are with the 30mm spacer. Did you habe any issue with the cv boots ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
330 like your ridge and its stance. Good to here no issues with your mods. I just bought a ridge from my neihbor and plan on doing a lift and tires. I like the factory rims but like the looks of how your wheels are with the 30mm spacer. Did you habe any issue with the cv boots ?
Two years later and I am still happy with my Truxx lift, no regret at all. No abnormal tire wear and I plan on getting a set of Nitto Grapplers come spring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did they rub with the mud flaps on or did u just not like the look of them with the mud flaps?? Just bought a 2014 sport and I like the stance your truck has

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered the exact same setup and Cannot turn more than Half without the tires Rubbing!! UGH... Even if I remove the Mud flaps, They will still hit the plastic.......The only difference is the tires yet they are the exact same size .

This left me no choice but to remove the spacers....
Any info you could provide would be great.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did they rub with the mud flaps on or did u just not like the look of them with the mud flaps?? Just bought a 2014 sport and I like the stance your truck has

Had to remove flaps because of the rubbing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts