Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw the Hard Locking Tonneau cover offered from Honda on their EStore. Retail was listed as $1,199.00. If to be dealer installed add $212.50 for a total of $1,411.50. Add tax, etc. and your looking at approx. $1,500.
How many think this is worth it and would be willing to go for it. As for me, I think I'll pass on this one even though I think it is really nice but not worth the price to me.

·
Registered
361 Posts
consider the retrax before the honda hard cover. It is cheaper and beter.

·
Registered
142 Posts
A friend of mine has a hard locking tonneau cover on his truck and hates it. Ok...it looks nice and it locks, but to haul anything substantial, it has to come off - which is a major ordeal. So in essence, he has a reduced capacity SUV with a bed you cant access from the inside. Wouldn't it make more sense to just buy a Pilot?

:cool:

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Ditto . . . I spent a bunch of cash adding options on my Ridge, and was going to include the hard tonneau cover, until I saw what it is & how it works (doesn't). Most things Honda are well thought out & fantastically engineered . . . but I would have to say that this would be a rare exception, in my opinion. It probably is durable & dependable, but functionality looks like it got left at the gate. I don't want a cover that leaves half the bed covered when open & doesn't provide an option for easy removal when you need the whole bed (especially on this short of a bed). & don't forget, the bed trunk door cannot even open fully with the tonneau cover in it's "open" position. No, this is one they won't sell a lot of until they redesign it. My guess is after market houses will probably lead the way.
Can't win 'em all!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I tried to get the tonneau cover thrown into the deal when I bought the truck. I was unable to get the dealler to throw the cover in. and I did not want to pay 1500 dollars for it. I settled for the bed extender. Sounds like the tonneau is not worth having. so it work out for me. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts