Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this website and my Ridgeline is 2 weeks old and love it. Just wondering....I saw in the 06 catalog a hard tonneau cover..any info on this item or was this a prototype and perhaps a future item. Would appreciate and info...thanks..Rich

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Do a search on "Tonneau" and you will find lots if information. I personally really do not like the Honda cover at all. When you find some of my earlier posts you will see why. I did just receive the video from Retrax. I, as well as several other ROC members, are waiting for a first hand report from an existing ROC member about the Retrax cover and its installation. We are curious about how much it interferes with the in bed trunk lid. I suspect that it limits the opening of the in bed trunk lid somewhat but not enough to be a reason not to buy it. I believe that the Honda cover has the same issue. If no other ROC member with a Retrax speaks up real soon, I will order one and post the results. Somebody has to go first. The retrax website is www.rolltopcover.com. Go there and fill out the order form for the video. They will send one to you. It is a generic video and does not address the Ridgelines unique mounting requirements or anything about the in bed trunk cover issue.

Welcome aboard! Don't stay up all night reading this site. You may be tempted to because there is a lot of good information here from a lot of great people.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey Rich,

See the "Search" pull down... If you type in "Tonneau"... you will see all the previous talk about this subject.

Just a little friendly FYI. ;)

rtbaron said:
Just found this website and my Ridgeline is 2 weeks old and love it. Just wondering....I saw in the 06 catalog a hard tonneau cover..any info on this item or was this a prototype and perhaps a future item. Would appreciate and info...thanks..Rich

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I would like to qualify my previous statement about my ordering a Retrax cover. I will do so - if they reply and answer my questions about the mounting method for the Ridgeline, in-bed trunk lid interferance, water drain tubes, and electric Retrax cover and tail gate locks for the Ridgeline. They did send the video tape very quickly but, after two attempts, have not answered my questions yet. The video tape is very generic and does not address the unique installation issues with the Ridgeline. I am ready but if I do not get a response this time, I will look elsewhere. I will let Ya'all know what happens.

Is it legal for a guy from north of the mason-Dixon to say Ya'all? I was born in New York and could have said Yous and live in Pennsylvania and could have said Yuns but have given up on both. Did I spell it right? ;)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
rtbaron said:
I have the Honda cover and I like it. It fits like a glove. Once installed, it does afford quite a bit of weather resistant, very well sealed all around. It is lockable, along with the lockable in bed trunk. Removing the cover is really a breeze, by removing four bolts. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts