Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone hard-wired a dash cam on their RTL-E? I'm wondering if there are any accessible power wires behind the sunglass holder that can be used, or if I would have to wire it around the perimeter of the windshield down into the fusebox. Suggestion/pictures/videos appreciated!

·
Registered
30 Posts
There is a wire that is behind that panel, you have to drop it down to access it, its in a spare unused plug on the right side. U can self tap a ground in there as well and shove a cable out of the front for a clean look.Hope this helps

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just bought one, and was planning to use a Fuse Tap kit to install it (like the attached pic). My cam came with a 10 ft cord, and it was easy to tuck behind the headliner, a-pillar trim, under the glovebox, and between the center consoles. I thought it would be visible with the door open running next to the dash, but the weatherstrip has a space to tuck a wire under it. Only a little bit of wire showing where it plugs into the 12v port. I don't use the 12V outlet for anything else, so it doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I wired the Aukey DRO2d dual camera setup.

Ran it down the A-Pillar (comes off with one bolt behind the airbag logo) and plugged it into the 12v on the center. Ran the rear underneath the sill as those came off with just clips. I plan to add a fuse for it. If you search I recall the research has been done already for which one.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a wire that is behind that panel, you have to drop it down to access it, its in a spare unused plug on the right side. U can self tap a ground in there as well and shove a cable out of the front for a clean look.Hope this helps
Does anyone have a picture/directions for this wiring method? It seems to be the cleanest.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
There are unused plugs up there for sure. Just get a multimeter to check whats hot and not.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I powered both my dashcam and rear-view cam using the wires above the sunglass holder / hondalink / overhead light fixture, like this here. This was in a Pilot but the 1G Ridgeline has the same wiring and the 2G may as well?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone hard-wired a dash cam on their RTL-E? I'm wondering if there are any accessible power wires behind the sunglass holder that can be used, or if I would have to wire it around the perimeter of the windshield down into the fusebox. Suggestion/pictures/videos appreciated!
2019 RTL-E. I hardwired a dash cam that uses 2 power leads. One is ignition switch powered for use while driving. The other is constant powered so the dash cam monitors the vehicle 24/7 in sleep mode and starts recording when the unit’s G force sensor detects movement.
There are 2 open ports in the fuse block under the drivers side dash that work perfectly for this. Port #30 is only hot when the ignition switch is on. Port #42 is hot constantly. It’s a simple job to tuck the dash cam power lead in the headliner moulding then run down the A pillar (the cover removes with one screw). Pull back the weather stripping and your access is simple.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2019 RTL-E. I hardwired a dash cam that uses 2 power leads. One is ignition switch powered for use while driving. The other is constant powered so the dash cam monitors the vehicle 24/7 in sleep mode and starts recording when the unit’s G force sensor detects movement.
There are 2 open ports in the fuse block under the drivers side dash that work perfectly for this. Port #30 is only hot when the ignition switch is on. Port #42 is hot constantly. It’s a simple job to tuck the dash cam power lead in the headliner moulding then run down the A pillar (the cover removes with one screw). Pull back the weather stripping and your access is simple.

View attachment 399466 View attachment 399467 View attachment 399468 View attachment 399469
Great info, thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts