Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sent this to somebody. Wanted to see if anybody else saw someting like this issue. Called Honda, andd nobody called back. Have them check your wiring harness immediately. Have you had to jump your Ridgeline lately? The idiot lights came on and them the battery went dead, and we had to jump it. The next day, I drove it to the dealership for an oil change. The had to jump it after I got there. It caught fire (the dealership later changed the story to it was only smoking). The dealership said it was the wiring harness and call the insurance company. dealership said it was the wiring harness and call the insurance company.

Arthropod Insect Scorpion Reptile Terrestrial animal

·
Administrator
21,215 Posts
I've seen one report of a Ridgeline that caught fire on here and was a total loss due to an unknown cause. I've not seen any reports of smoking or burning wiring harnesses.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Do you have the wiring harness part number? The recalled harness on the 2017 was under the bed going to the rear differential. Was this in the engine bay?

·
Registered
2019 Sport Lunar Silver AWD
703 Posts
How does this post relate to the problem you posted 3 mos ago? Did it take 3 mos to get the the truck repaired?

Reactions: DTHughes

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have the wiring harness part number? The recalled harness on the 2017 was under the bed going to the rear differential. Was this in the engine bay?
It was in the engine bay. They said squirrels or rats ate the cover off the wires.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, that's how the insurance company claim to pay for it. It 79 days for the dealership where I bought the vehicle to fix it. It is a very long story and alot of missing details from the dealership.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts