Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went into my local muffler shop to look for an exhaust tip today. Found one I liked for around $30. We began to talk about the truck and of course I had to show them the trunk, that gets em everytime. They started talking to me about upgrading the exhaust to a flowmaster and Magna flow. I have heard a few Toyota trucks that just sound down right crappy with these type of exhaust systems, has anyone had any exhaust work done yet, and if so what type did you use and why?

I would like a little more growl sound and a little increase in power would be great too, but I don't want it to sound like a Civic on steroids either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I experimented with a couple different mufflers and combinations of what came on the truck.

First I had just the resonator removed, sounded terrible. Then we tried just the resonator...sounded terrible.
Tried a Flowmaster Delta series....sounded terrible.
Put the stock muffler and resonator back on, with both in front of the rear axle. Then had the exhaust split after the muffler into two pipes which exit just behind the rear wheel wells.

I figured that if I couldn't make it sound better than I would prefer the peace and quiet of the stock set-up, as i do drive this truck everyday.

It is a bit hard to see in this photo, but I think it turned out very nicely. I can get a better pic if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. The two pipes look great. I am afraid the sound wont be throaty enough, I want it to sound like your GTO probably does, but that is not realistic I'm sure. Anyone have any good results on replacing the exhaust, and being happy with the sound ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi BBD & Stone-
I started a thread in the mods section to ask about BBD's fog lights and now I see that Stone put on extra back up lights.

What kind did you get and how did you wire them in?
THEY LOOK GREAT! :D

If you want to start that as a new thread It would be great.
I'm going to PM you both also....

·
Registered
578 Posts
ladyridge said:
Anyone know what I can use to clean my engine for the NOPI this weekend??
Best thing to do is just a bucket of water and a rag. Honestly. I do this after each car wash and it works great.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ladyridge said:
Thanks shingles!! :)
Ladyridge, Congrats on post number 2000, but that had nothing to do with my thread. Oh well back to the top. :D

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I don't know much about exhaust upgrades....but my friend (Arizona Ridgeliner!) had his upgraded to dual exhaust (may not be what you are looking for...). Here's a pic of his truck - sounds good (not too loud but nice!)

L

·
0 Posts
H20MAN said:
Ladyridge, Congrats on post number 2000, but that had nothing to do with my thread. Oh well back to the top. :D
Sorry ...didn't mean to hijack your thread. :(

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ladyridge said:
Sorry ...didn't mean to hijack your thread. :(
Thats ok, just for you. Back to the top please. :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
A R's exhaust looks great. Just about what I am looking for. How can we find out about the mechanicals?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Please tell, I really like that look too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I finally added dual exhaust with magna flow muffler and chrome tips. I did keep the original system just in case I have to added it back. The sound is different. No where near the sound of gas packs but 20% of the sound. :D The boys who installed it was excited, well I was excited. I filled my tank to see if I may get better gas mileage, I'll let you know [bigridge at ridgeline4wd forum said he got better gas mileage].

Those guys really had to bend, bow, and saw to get this system to work around my tow hook and trailer hitch. Overall, Midas wanted $500.00 and Rapid Muffler Center did the work for $299.00 including chrome tips. :) I can email you a better picture if you want.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts