Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I owned a ‘66 Corvette Stingray hardtop. It was Nassau blue with a 327/350 HP, with a 4-speed . It was stolen and stripped and then what was left was pushed over a cliff into a lake. I did Still have the hardtop because I had it stored for summer, and had just had a new convertible top pit on. This was 40 years ago. If I remember correctly, I traded the hardtop to a guy for a ‘56 Oldsmobile that I thought would be easier to sell than the hardtop. So long ago...

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is my 1968 Firebird 350 HO, 4 speed, verdoro green with black interior. About 70,000 miles. 350 HO is rare. It is ALL original, inside and out, except for things like tires, battery etc, and I am the original owner. Yeah, I am an old guy. I got it right after college, just before heading to Vietnam in the navy. The youngsters in it are my granddaughters.
IMG_7182.JPG

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'm old, but have never had a "muscle car" - unless you want to count my '73 Gremlin X with the 305ci V8, lol. Neither did my Dad, but he did have a lot of big-block Oldsmobiles in the 60s and early 70s - got a new one about every 2 years. Everyone's fave was a green 1970 Toronado, which was an unheard-of front-wheel drive, had a 454ci V8 and a sleek profile. Us 3 kids would peek over his shoulder on vaca to check the drumroll-style speedometer to see if we'd reach, say, 90mph.

This isn't "our" Toronado, but similar.

·
Registered
70 Posts
1969 Camaro SS 350, 4 Speed. Olympic Gold with Black vinyl top, black interior. Picture isn’t my car but it looked just like this. Sold it and bought a Mustang II 302V8 4 speed. What was I thinking?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I owned or actually was given a 1970 Z28 RS Pkg. that was originally my mom's car but she gave it to me. It was exactly like the photo below but that is not the actual picture just a mirror image of my car. I tell you after I was given the keys my driving record took a turn for the worst. 2 kiss your license away speeding tickets, both above 90 mph and 3 other 70+ over the speed limit to follow before my license was suspended for a year (thanks Mom) hahaha. It had the original 350/245 4sp manual, black on black with the white stripes, 4 huge slick type tires but don't remember the tire name brand, all I know is it was very fast and wish I hung onto it but who ever knows that you are currently owning something that would be worth a lot of money?

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I grew up in the heart of the muscle car era in the Midwest (Des Moines, IA). Life was much like that depicted in the movie American Graffiti, just a few years behind California. Scooping the Loop, hanging out at the Chili King, street racing on Army Post Road. Big fun and a lot of stupid shit. I started with a ratty '55 Chev with a pretty built-up 327. I worked on it for an entire year before I got my license on my 16th birthday. The first time I got on it with the new motor, it sheared the nylon and aluminum teeth off of the stock timing gear and I thought I had blown it up.

View attachment 402621

Next car was a '66 Tri-power Pontiac GTO. It had a lacquer Earl Shrieb paint job - kids at school would peel it off in the parking lot - transfixed. It eventually looked like it had re-entered the atmosphere.

View attachment 402618

Last muscle car which I bought as a senior in High School (in 1972) was a '69 Chevelle SS 396/375hp. It was a red, with black interior. Four speed, buckets seats, black vinyl top, and a factory 8 track tape player. It was almost perfect. I joined the Air Force and sold it to another airman when I shipped out on a TDY to Thailand in 1974. It looked exactly like this:

View attachment 402617

All these pictures were stolen from the inter web. I wish I would have kept all of them, or at least had pictures.
I had a 67 goat, conv. His and hers, 400, 4bbl.
Motor not stock.
Cheap car around 3 k when i bought it.
Had loads of fun in her.
Wish i never sold it.

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTL Truxxx liftkit tailgate lock, brushguard, rear door hack hood struts horns done
7 Posts
Originally from So Cal, had a 1953 Chevy Pickup I pu

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTL Truxxx liftkit tailgate lock, brushguard, rear door hack hood struts horns done
7 Posts
I put the 283 in place of the 216 straight 6. I have had a 67 Mustang 289 w/4speed trans. I had a 1970 El Camino with a 350, 4barrel pushing 300 horses. I now own a 1971 El Camino with 85K original miles that I tracked with ALL the safety inspection papers. 350 CI, 275 horses, TH350 trans (that leaks, I have to replace), 12bolt posi rear end,
front disc brakes replaces the drums, all urethane bushings, and anodized trainings arms with urethane bushings, 1" sway bars. cowl induction hood. My wife LOVES the horsepower. Hit the gas and the 17" tires break loose for a good 15 seconds, no weight in the back end.
Originally from So Cal, had a 1953 Chevy Pickup I put
[/QUOTE}

·
Registered
242 Posts
Have any of you ever owned (or still have –lucky you) a 1965-1973 American muscle car? (or wannabe). Those years were considered the “golden age” of American muscle cars – when their styling and power emerged, but they weren’t yet saddled with the early 1970’s “smog controls”. I may be dating myself with this post.

I’ve owned an eclectic bunch of cars and trucks in my life (MG, Alfa, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda, etc). However, my one brush with the muscle car genre was when I owned a 1969 Dodge Dart GT in my last 2 years of college. I don’t have any good surviving photos, but mine was identical in color/body/features to this one for sale (link and photos below). The only difference was mine didn’t have its pin stripe, and my wheels were different.

In 1969 the Dart’s production engines ranged from 225 slant 6 up to the 440 V8. And about 80 (1968 models) were special order produced for drag racing which had Morpar’s legendary mighty 426 hemi. My 1969 Dodge Dart GT had their 273 V8 and 3 speed automatic. So with this engine it really wasn’t a “muscle car” (maybe more of a “wannabe”), but looked the part and sure was fun to drive. My Dad (bless his heart) located it used and help me buy it. Even though my V8 was only 273 CID, it was (to me) fast and fun to drive. My car served me faithfully in my last 2 years college through the first year of my career, when I traded it in at 139K miles for a new Ford mustang (my first new car).

Anyway, that’s my story of my one brush with this automotive era. Post up if you had anything from it. Cheers!

For Sale: 1969 Dodge Dart GT in Merrimack, New Hampshire

I have no picture (we didn't do that) of my RoadRunner or Ranchero, but those were the days when Americans had pride in their work... The money was nice, but putting in a good day's work and producing nice things was just as important...
Sadly today there is no pride left, it's all about putting in the hours and collecting a check... Our Ridgelines are a prime example... 1st Gen Canadian made, are Great, 2nd Gen American made, won't stay on the road... What would be great is if the 2nd Gen Owners, took this to heart and began caring about the products THEY produce... What a GREAT AMERICA we would MAKE AGAIN, if they did...
And remember, Producing includes Loans, Sales, and everything else people pay for, MAKE SURE people are getting MORE than "their money's worth"...
One man CAN"T make America Great, It takes the whole country working together... Imagine where we would be today, if there wasn't a "Resist and Obstruct" calling in November 2016...
Make YOUR Product Great Again, while I do the same...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Wow that was weird...
I have no picture (we didn't do that) of my RoadRunner or Ranchero, but those were the days when Americans had pride in their work... The money was nice, but putting in a good day's work and producing nice things was just as important...
Sadly today there is no pride left, it's all about putting in the hours and collecting a check... Our Ridgelines are a prime example... 1st Gen Canadian made, are Great, 2nd Gen American made, won't stay on the road... What would be great is if the 2nd Gen Owners, took this to heart and began caring about the products THEY produce... What a GREAT AMERICA we would MAKE AGAIN, if they did...
And remember, Producing includes Loans, Sales, and everything else people pay for, MAKE SURE people are getting MORE than "their money's worth"...
One man CAN"T make America Great, It takes the whole country working together... Imagine where we would be today, if there wasn't a "Resist and Obstruct" calling in November 2016...

·
Registered
23 Posts
In 1968 for $3000 I bought a 1966 Toronado 425ci big block, 385 horsepower, 427 lb/ft torque. Fast and radical for the time. Had it up over 130mph one night on a new stretch of interstate. Picture is of actual car. Loved the pin stripe whitewalls. Great car.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Wow that was weird...
Kind of revisionist history. Try reading legitimate history books.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don’t have a photo readily available, but I owned a 1969 Olds 442, light yellow with a black vinyl top and red-line tires. It was a 3-speed automatic with a console shifter and an 8-Track tape player. It was a very sweet car that I wish I still owned in original condition.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
My 1st car was a '72 Charger with a 400 CID & a 4 BBL. I paid $800 for it in '77 or '78. I wish I still had it!

41 - 58 of 58 Posts