·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts
Here is a lengthy thread on replacing the stock sub. It has dimensions listed. It seems the JL you propose may be too big, especially top depth. You may be able to add a small amp to the stock sub to give it a boost. Do a search, it has been done before.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13308

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry, it's too big. At 11 inches high you only have about 3.5 inches of clearance between the seat and the brace on the back wall. The seat wont slide down and properly bolt into place with that behind it. I quickly made an ugly box as an experiment. Its not to hard if you take the time and look at things behind the seat first. Course I did remove the factory XM bracket AND relocate the rear window motor by flipping it up out of the way. But that was to gain horizontal space, the same problems with depth clearance apply to your JL box.
P9990992.jpg

P9990993.jpg

P1020006.jpg

P1030001.jpg

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts
Nice project. How does it sound? What amp did you use?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds decent. I was almost satisfied with a different sub in the stock plastic box and a small amp running it. But it wouldn't play quite low or loud enough to keep up with deck power. This new box is almost half a cubic foot ported and plays down to 30hz range shockingly well for an 8. I threw one of my old Soundstream Reference 160s behind the seat for now but am already searching for a 10 that will fit. Also a plus about the longer box is the speaker is no longer right against the seat brace bar so I don't have to worry about that. There is at least an inch between the front of the sub and back of the seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts