Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to me 08 Ridgeline RTL with NAVI.

It goes against my normal thinking to replace a perfectly good Navi Unit but I am faced with needing a lot more out of my headunit.

I spent some time here looking at backup camera integration as well as adding bluetooth. There are definately some good options. Then I realized I have a new Kenwood unit with this functionality + Carplay sitting on a shelf.

Some minor barriers and questions:
Need to find a non-navi storage compartment/hazard switch assy?
Wondering if there will be an impedance mismatch with aftermarket radio and factory premium audio.
Best way to make steering wheel controls work

Or lastly is this really stupid and just leave it alone :)

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so the newb "Me" should have research this area a bit further before asking previously posted questions.

Lets review:
HU swap fairly common. Standard plug and play with Metra harness adapter.
Loss of Sub Amp will likely require a single channel amp to power.
Steering Wheel Controls may need a specific adapter
The radio pocket is a 77280-SJC-A02ZB.

What I didn't see was anything about a separate amp for the other speakers. Is that just built into the Factory HU and there is no further device to bypass?

This all seems doable.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Ok, so the newb "Me" should have research this area a bit further before asking previously posted questions.

Lets review:
HU swap fairly common. Standard plug and play with Metra harness adapter.
Loss of Sub Amp will likely require a single channel amp to power.
Steering Wheel Controls may need a specific adapter
The radio pocket is a 77280-SJC-A02ZB.

What I didn't see was anything about a separate amp for the other speakers. Is that just built into the Factory HU and there is no further device to bypass?

This all seems doable.
I have installed a couple of Kenwood's. Love the Garmin. Checkout these links...

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Welcome to the ROC and I believe you are one of the very first newbies who has some sort of self awareness!
Aside from offerings from makers such as Kenwood, Pioneer and Alpine, there are also companies such as Joying, who make Android based system.

Yes the door speakers get powered from the headunit itself (similar to every other aftermarket HU), however you can install a 4-channel amp to power them while a mono-amp can power your sub.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts