Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious but with all the hoopla regarding the air coming from the winshield area, has anyone been able to resolve this themselves without taking the RL to the dealer? Pics are appreciated! :)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Look for posts by vrtkr -- he fixed his using a sealant and posted pictures, and last I remember, was happy with the fix....

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
It depends what is causing the noise as there seems to have been a few different issues. It's really best to isolate it yourself using painter tape. Mask off the entire windshield trim/gasket. Now go for a drive and see if you still have the noise. If so then most likely it's a bad windshield placement and you'll need a new one. Another source of noise for early build models is from the rear roof where the plastic panel meets the metal part of the roof. Tape that seam from side to side and see what happens. There was some with bad or no fasteners for that panel and it's leading edge could rise up at hi speeds causing wind noise.

If your wind noise goes away after masking off then remove a section of the tape at a time until the noise returns to isolate the problem spot. Most likey it will be in the upper corners where there might be a small gap in the molding. You can try filling it up with black silcone and it will work fine but silicone is difficult to work with and hard to get smooth unless you're experienced. I'd really take it to the dealer once you isolated the spot and tell them what you did with the tape. If they give you trouble, take the tape with you and mask off the spot and have them go for a ride with you so they can hear it with and with out the tape.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome information. I will try the tape method and see what I find and if it is more that I can handle, well I guess that a trip to the dealer is unavoidable.
:D Thanks :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts