Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you used the California Water Blade sold by www.calcarduster.com on a Nighthawk Black RidgeLiner??? I've had great results with my son's "Mr Clean Auto-dry Car wash system for it's filtering of hard water so far

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Works great on my Blue. Easier than firing up the blower. ;) I may get one of those handles. :) I also use the Mr. Clean for rinsing.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank's arteegee, I guess I'll get one too since I know it works. and thanks for the quick response.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Got mine at Sam's for $12.99. Saw some at Wally World today but didn't notice price. Might want to check there. I also have the dash duster.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Damn. :eek: My wife picked one of those up a year ago and I never took it out of the package! It just sits on top of the container I keep all my car care products in and I have to move it off every time I wash my truck! The irony…Time to break open the package. I guess this would alleviate the need for the chamois??

·
Registered
164 Posts
They work great, but only use it if the surface is very clean. If you drive through a car wash (spray only) and there's still a film on the paint, the blade will drag the dirt across the paint and scratch it.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I heard all the great reports about the California Water Blade, went out and got one. It doesn't work well with our water. I have the Mr. Clean Auto Dry and use the filtered rinse water because our water is so hard. Using the blade, it looked hazy :(

Used a chamois and it shone!

Guess I wasted 15 bucks, but hey, we all live and learn :D

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
This thread is very old, but I had to jump in here and sing the praises of the California Water Blade. Been using one for years with all my autos. They save LOTS of time when drying your auto after washing it. A CWB used with a good quality microfiber towel makes drying the auto a breeze. If you haven't tried one of these, by all means get one. Well worth the price.
Tom

·
Registered
159 Posts
This thing works great as long as you aren't in any kind of heat, which makes sense, obviously. Once the paint gets even remotely dry, it's useless, but when it's soaking wet, and if you're quick, you can pull the water off the flat surfaces really quick. I used it on the roof and hood first because those are the areas I, being a shorty, have a hard time getting to. But in the summer here in AZ, it's pretty hard to make use of this thing.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Is California water somehow better than, say, Tennessee water for cleaning purposes? :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts