Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something that I have noticed over the last couple of days is that the forum is becoming much more civil, a place where people could constructively discuss all things, good or bad, about the new Ridgeline without fear of being harassed by the kind of people that you expect to have a pair of nuts hanging from a perfectly scratch free trailer hitch. For a while after I got here, some old G1 fans were imitating those people, but many of those same people have begun contributing to the conversation. And I have developed a theory as to why. They are simply going through the 5 stages of grief in response to the loss of their beloved G1.

Stage 1 - Denial ~ "that new thing isn't a Ridgeline, it's not even a pickup truck or if it is, it's a Pilotruck." "It's okay my beautiful 2011 RTS, it doesn't matter what they say about that new guy, you're the only real Ridgeline and nobody can ever take your place." "don't listen to what those mean boys are saying, daddy thinks you're very pretty even with that Quasimoto looking humpback where a normal bed should. It adds character." Which leads to ...

Stage 2 - Anger ~ "F**k you Honda, and your stupid F**king idiot engineers that don't know a damn thing about building a truck." "Everything would have been better if you had just f**king listened to us, you cheap a** bastards." "Oh and f**k you too, you sellout, apologist, fanboi, shill b*tches, who continue to buy any f**king sh*t that your corporate masters tell you that you to!" "Guess who was being represented getting out of the bed of that truck during the superbowl ad, those sheep were you mother f**ckers!" And then when that doesn't work ...

Stage 3 - Bargaining ~ "Keep up the hate! If we make enough noise Honda can't ignore us forever!" "If the G2 doesn't sell well, Honda will know that we were right all along and will give us what we want!" "You RL newbies need to understand how we feel and see things through our eyes because we have been here on the forums for 10 years." Which fails and causes ...

Stage 4 - Depression ~ "Nobody cares about us." "Honda doesn't care and these new guys on the boards don't care and won't ever understand the relationships that we had with our G1s. How could they? and now our lovelies are going away, one by one, and soon they will all be gone." And then eventually ...

Stage 5 - Acceptance ~ "... but one can't look backwards forever, and maybe there are a few things about the G2 that don't completely suck ... at least compared to their competitors which suck slightly more." "and inferior or not, it is what we have now." "and if nothing else, it is bringing in some new blood, even if some of them are like that self-righteous @$$hat, Marshall. God I hate that guy, but it looks like I might have to deal with him for at least a little longer, at least until somebody can figure out how to stage an accident."

... and for those of you who have made it this far, congratulations and welcome to stage 5.

·
Registered
970 Posts
As one of those "sellout, apologist, fanboi, shill b*tches" clearly in the employ of Honda...... Baaaah....

Hilarious!

Picking up mine next week and saying goodbye to my 06 G1. It has been a good run but the world moves on - and I even have the sheepdogs (minus the sheep)

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
They are simply going through the 5 stages of grief in response to the loss of their beloved G1..
:grin:

too funny. It makes me feel bad for them.
I also notice 138 views and only 3 replies! So maybe we are at stage 5 ROFLOL!

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,265 Posts
Re: Have we reached stage 5? YEP, I'm there!

:grin: Keep at it you two... >:)

:nerd: I've been so close to blocking "hearing from either of you".
Yet here I am reading another of your posts... :wink:

:act051: Keep up the good fight, and just remember,
without G1 :act035:, there may never have been a G2. :act060:

:act024: And Some 'sheepdogs' said next to nothing the first 10 yrs here, 12 posts in 10 years, and yet they haven't stopped "barkin" since Jan '16. ;) Don't get me wrong, it was rough then too, I know, I was here then also. :act018:

:| Keep swinging for the fences both of you, :smile: occasionally, you'll hit a home run! :surprise:

Late Tuesday Night (about 10 pm), because it was 108 when I got off work, I thought I'd just get a quick, "Late Night Walk Around and Jet, but got caught by Jerry (from Iowa) and actually ended up sitting in Both Front & Rear (More spacious Front LEG ROOM, I couldn't reach the pedals, with the seat all the way back), yet leaving the seat there, my knees touched the drivers seat back while checking out the rear seat. And while "I'm not an Engineer" I agree, those doors severely limit interior cargo carrying capacity, I seriously doubt, that 3 of my first 4 flat panel TV's would fit in the back seat, where bringing them home, keeping them standing upright & out of the elements was quite easy. If I end up test driving locally (more on that later) I will bring all 3 of the doubtful TV boxes and take pictures to post later, unless some G2 owner wants to stop by my neighborhood, and we can meet for lunch, I'll buy Lunch and bring the boxes in the back seat of my G1!

While looking in the trunk (smaller) & over the side of the bed, even I (a short SOB) could reach over the bedside, of an RTL-E, I was somewhat impressed. Personally, I've got really way too much going on this month, and some sudden possible travel plans next month, but I'll make a day and test drive one either here; @ValleyHi Honda or there @Sport Honda and drag Pop's along too. And I'll go for a Test Drive one of these G2 RL's in the next 4-6 weeks cause it's too GD HOT here and a Little Bit MUGGY there.

Because although, "it's not the Ridgeline", I would have envisioned, it definately has Ridgeline DNA. Even if it has the face of an Odyssey, a grab bag lower front facia, while dragging it's chin in the dirt (potentially). It does look like it will definately get better MPG's which is where the current CAFE standards are headed. Honda "for all its faults and difficulties", may be "getting back on track" heading toward the Honda I grew up with. Where "Posted MPG's" could easily be beat by most everyone by 5-10%, and with a little effort, 20-25% over recorded Fuel Economy @FuelEconomy.gov was quite possible, and even achieved by (2) 200lb+ men with a cooler full of water, a few beers, lunch (sandwiches) 18 years after construction, headed down & back through the Cajon Pass on I-15, while maintaining 5+ the posted speed limit, to the 2014 WinterNationals, same station, same pump within a 12hr +/- period, in February 2014.

·
Registered
395 Posts
this place was turning into gongshow so i didnt log on for a while. Glad this was the first post i read today! I have always been on stage 5 ever since i realized i dont make enough money to change anything honda ?

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Thanks Marshall, I think we all needed that! :)

We recently bought a new Accord Touring and we love all the features and part of me is really excited about having that same Accord driving experience in a Ridgeline. On the other hand, I would prefer to pay off the Accord before getting a G2, so I'm intentionally holding as stage 4.5 and staying away from Honda dealerships so I don't get consumed with 'new truck fever' and make an impulsive G2 purchase. :)

Reactions: Carsmak
1 - 8 of 8 Posts