Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have a RTL w/Nav and XM, I really would prefer Sirius. Are there any compatible parts (like the antenna) or would I need to get a different unit and antenna and use it through the aux input? If that will even work.

Any ideas?

thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
The antennas are very different. You can use the external tuner and the aux jack.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the cool antenna will just alert people to the fact that I have satellite radio. :(

I hate having the xm standard not using it and then using an aux for the same thing arrr.

oh well thanks for the quick reply

Chris

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
You could try putting it under the rear third light panel.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah my truck is going to look like it has lumps, with the backup camera, the xm antenna and then the sirius as well....

Thanks for your ideas

·
Registered
346 Posts
I installed my Sirius receiver and antenna. I listen to it through the FM station at a pre-determined frequency. Easy to install. If you install the antenna inside the plastic or the glass, you will not get a good reception. Believe me, I tried!
I have it on top, it's so small is hard to see.

·
Registered
897 Posts
jerseyshoreguy said:
So the cool antenna will just alert people to the fact that I have satellite radio. :(
...your headrests will get more on ebay then a satellite radio and people see those? :confused:

·
Registered
65 Posts
My Sirius antenna works excellent in the third tailight cavity.
D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SSG, my rear headrests are under the seat I was looking at the sirius s50 which is about $330.. The headrests are what like $30 ?

ofpc34,
why did you use the FM modulator instead of the imput?
I thought the aux imput would provide better sound and have no competition also any pictures?

thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
897 Posts
jerseyshoreguy said:
SSG, my rear headrests are under the seat I was looking at the sirius s50 which is about $330.. The headrests are what like $30 ?
RTL for all 5 with a break from the dealer is about 400$ actually, ebay...time will only tell I guess ;)

But on a sirius note, I was thinking you meant one of the cheaper units like the starmate or something. I can understand with the S50, but in an RTL w/Navi I would say it's all about not sweetening the deal...just leave the s50 out of its jack and somewhere else. Unless you live in a cased neighborhood or something - out of sight is typically out of mind. Plus the 'feature' of the S50 is it's portability - so when not tossing it in the armrest - celebrate it's functionality :)

On a weirder note, I think the most likely target of opportunity is the antenna itself. New they are 50$ and its a pair of wirecutters away. If you're lucky that is...otherwise its a weatherseal away :(. Not sure where those theives all get their n connectors from though with their jacked antennae...not that it matters to them.

All in all I agree with just keeping it as out of sight as possible...the whole 9.

·
Registered
22 Posts
jerseyshoreguy said:

ofpc34,
why did you use the FM modulator instead of the imput?
I thought the aux imput would provide better sound and have no competition also any pictures?

thanks,
Chris
I do not know how to connect the two....radio is xm ready. Do you know how to lug in direct? Pictures are attached. Vehicle is less than a month old!! Enjoy it every chance I get!! Also went out to take new pictures...this site only supports lower memory pics.

Thanks Les

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone, I don't live in an area that is that bad, most of my concern was hoping to find a way to tap into the existing antenna and not have the two.

I was going to tap into the Aux port in the front and use a cup holder I just wanted to see about the antenna.

It is amazing what things the theives want... I read about a Springsteen concert a few months ago at Continental Arena where many, many people had their headlights stolen... Nice you pay $15 to $20 to park in the stadium and you come out and need a tow truck.

ofpc34, your truck looks great, I wish black wasn't so hard to keep clean.

thanks, Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts