Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By that I mean, have you actually talk to someone about the Ridgeline and they actually end up buying one? I've sold two.

About 4-5 weeks ago, I was talking to one of the waitresses at my mom restaurant. She was looking to replace her Exterra. She was looking at the Toyota Tacoma when her daughter told her about the Ridgeline. So she went to look at them. She noticed that I had one so she asked me some questions, etc. I found out last night that she ended up going to buy one about a week after we talked. A blue RT. She said that after driving it, there was no way she would buy a Tacoma. She said the Tacoma ride just wasn't there and it was small on the inside.

The other is a real good buddy of mine. He had a lot of doubts regarding the Ridgeline. He was mostly worried about the load capacity and towing capacity etc. He wasn't concerned about the ride as he figured it would be nice. He went with me when I picked up the truck and was impressed with the ride, but he was unsure that the Ridgeline could be "used as a truck". So each time I tow something, or have the truck loaded up, I would take pictures and send him reports of what I've done. I also send him links from the forum to show him what the Ridgeline can do. Well, eventually he bought a silver RTL + Nav + S/R.

Wonder if Honda will send me a check. :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Way to go Shingles! I'd demand a check from Honda too :D I don't think I personally sold a RL to anyone but I answered a few questions from chrissalvatore a couple of months ago when he was looking to purchase one. But I'm sure it was a combination of folks from the ROC that helped out. WhiteRTLnav sent him to Superior Honda where he got a better deal so we just recruited another RL, and a BLACK one to boot! Do you know if the two you've sold have joined the ROC? Just curious...

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I've been hoping to do this. We've shown our truck off many times. A couple of the lookers have been very interested. Our dealer offers us a $100 rebate for any business we send their way. I'd be pleased to collect my commission.

·
Registered
774 Posts
No but someone sold me:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Almost. One of my neighbors is a General Contractor. After I got my new RL, he was all over it and all excited as I showed it to him. He liked every aspect except for one: for his next truck he was looking for a fold-down gate between the cabin and the bed, similar to what the Avalanche has, to extend the bed. I don't lug around as much stuff as he does, but I agree that would have been a nice feature and would really have left the RL with no competition.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ask Gweppy why he bought his!! If it weren't for me, he'd be rocking a Dodge Carivan...:eek:

·
Registered
707 Posts
I have sold one,that I know for sure,maybe more. I have sure had lots of people ask about "her" and have had several who wanted to get in and check the room, etc.
We may never know how many we have helped sell!:eek:

·
Registered
856 Posts
A friend was in the market for a truck and they test drove a Ridgeline and loved it and asked me how I liked mine. I said I love it, of course, and that I would recommend the Ridgeline with out any reservations. He ended up buying a Toyota Tundra and he said something about how the company bought the truck for him and he couldn't talk them into going with the Ridgeline. Something about such a new truck and resale value or something. So I only almost sold a Ridgeline.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Currently I've sold 3, with a 4th on the way as soon as his house sells...honda are you listening?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes, my friend Brian in Texas. He got his two weeks after I got mine. He was giving me a really hard time for buying it and I told him to just go to the dealership and look at one. So he went to the dealership and came home with his own Ridgeline. Traded in a really nice 2000 Chevy full-size pickup for it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts