Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Have you purchased the 4.31 Navigation update?

• Yes I have

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • No but intend to

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • No and don't intend to

Votes: 25 64.1%
  • Truck came with 4.31

Votes: 3 7.7%

Have you purchased the Navigation update?

3K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  zroger73 
#1 ·
Have you, or do you intend to purchase the V4.31 DVD for the Navigation unit?

#3 ·
Ours is fine for now. At that price I will only buy a new one every three or four years.

#4 ·
Apparently there is not much updated data on the new version. I have family living in Omaha over a year now, and their street is still not listed. Maybe when a version 5.xxx comes out. Or one with the trip computer activated. I need something worthwhile to justify the $$.

#6 ·
I think that Honda needs to do the right thing and give us our trip computer back and give us the most recent version to make amends for our aggravation and for not delivering what was in the owners manual. We paid for all of the equipment necessary for the trip computer and we also received out of date map info. Who is happy about that? This is the one issue that I am disappointed about with the Ridgeline and with Honda.:mad:

G
#7 ·
Ultra-HOG said:
I think that Honda needs to do the right thing and give us our trip computer back and give us the most recent version to make amends for our aggravation and for not delivering what was in the owners manual. We paid for all of the equipment necessary for the trip computer and we also received out of date map info. Who is happy about that? This is the one issue that I am disappointed about with the Ridgeline and with Honda.:mad:
I'm with you Bruce. I'll make the pick-it signs!! :D

#8 ·
My dealer picked up the "tab" on the upgrade since the new version was out already when I purchased the truck. I had told him that I should have the latest revision since in my eyes the truck was new. It wasnt my fault the truck was built in 8/05, lol.

Anyway, all that was upgraded, and it doesnt even seem that significant, are the updated POI's and Zagart ratings. It's so hard to even tell if they even updated. I even checked to see if they updated the Sears locations, which they didn't. The Sears locations in my area have been there for over 20+ years and the Nav says the closest one to me is 266+ miles away. But, I have to say that all of the Nav system Databases suffer from this data lag. Its just annoying. I have a Mercdes with Nav, it uses the same NavTech database and Mercedes "lobotimzes"(sp) it so you cant even find by name.

So, in a nutshell, I would not have bought the upgrade if I had to pay for it this time around. I'd wait every two years or so.

#10 ·
vincent007 said:
The Sears locations in my area have been there for over 20+ years and the Nav says the closest one to me is 266+ miles away.
It's all a matter of what you search for. I've noticed this is very irritating -- the same national chain will have 10 different names. So, maybe it's not called "Sears" but "Sears Department Store" or "Sears Home Improvement Center" or even "Your Local Sears", which will really throw off the search. I use this feature of the Navi very rarely, because it's so hard to find things this way. It's no google search, to be sure.

That being said, let's try to keep in mind that the Navi data is provided by an outside vendor; that is also why it costs money to do the upgrade. This isn't a Honda issue, per se.

#11 ·
I do realize that the data is not from Honda, so in that respect I understand. I own three Nav units from Garmin, and it suffers similar issues. But as you mentioned, the various categories are confusing. BTW, I did try different names for Sears, Sears Roebeck, etc with no luck at least in the area in NY that I live :(

But....this nav unit is way better than my MB and the truck cost a heck of a lot less :D

#13 ·
I purchased my Ridgeline in October. Came with Nav version 4.13.

I called Honda and they are upgrading me to version 4.31 free of charge since I took delivery of the truck after the official release date of the new nav version. They can not just send it to me so I had to purchase it and then send them the receipt for a full reimbursement.

I am impressed with the level of customer service Honda has provided me on this issue. No problem at all.

Thanks Honda!!

#14 ·
vincent007 said:
My dealer picked up the "tab" on the upgrade since the new version was out already when I purchased the truck. I had told him that I should have the latest revision since in my eyes the truck was new. It wasnt my fault the truck was built in 8/05, lol.

Anyway, all that was upgraded, and it doesnt even seem that significant, are the updated POI's and Zagart ratings. It's so hard to even tell if they even updated. I even checked to see if they updated the Sears locations, which they didn't. The Sears locations in my area have been there for over 20+ years and the Nav says the closest one to me is 266+ miles away. But, I have to say that all of the Nav system Databases suffer from this data lag. Its just annoying. I have a Mercdes with Nav, it uses the same NavTech database and Mercedes "lobotimzes"(sp) it so you cant even find by name.

So, in a nutshell, I would not have bought the upgrade if I had to pay for it this time around. I'd wait every two years or so.

Do me a favor and see if M-6 (Paul Henry freeway/South Beltline) is on there. It's located just south of Grand Rapids, MI. I hate when I'm on it and it looks like I'm going offroading. :)

#16 ·
Can someone burn me a copy of the new DVD?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.