Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
I looked at this one, but didn't like the removal process. I have had covers before and needed to roll them up or remove them and while it is possible to do so with this cover, it is extra work and requires a wrench.

Still, it is an interesting option, just not for me.

·
Registered
198 Posts
This one is on my short list. I like the look, the solid construction and that the truck has full opening. That is very important for my use.
The extra $$$ for the black finish will be necessary since I have the BE. I'll hold off a little longer waiting for some of the "coming soon" covers to start hitting the market. This at this point this is at the top of my list.

Thanks for sharing that. I almost missed it since it didn't show up in the main tonneau thread.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
didn't even think there was a RL facebook page
Yeah, I stumbled on it. But also found out that there a lot of G1 related posts on it. That's not a bad thing, I just learned to be sure I knew what vehicle people were talking about before commenting. Maybe there should be a G2 page on its own?..

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,896 Posts
Folks have been aware in the aftermarket tonneau thread about it for some time now. It's been discussed there more than once. I think the feeling for some of us is that it's great if you use your bed to put lots of smaller things in, but for big things, like furniture, it doesn't open up enough — as in the two thirds of your bed that a trifold offers or almost the whole bed in the case of the tilt-up designs — that it's not as useful. To counter that issue, DiamondBack gives you cleats for mounting bigger things directly on top of the tonneau. I can't think of anyone else that does that. But it is pretty high up in the air to get a heavy piece of furniture. The SE model is the only one they are making for the Ridgeline, and it's not able to support any more than 400 pounds on top of the tonneau.

It's also pricey. It does look great and I think for certain types of users, contractors etc. who aren't moving big things but need to access tools and materials in all parts of their bed it could be a real boon. They also sell a ladder rack and a lot of other accessories that integrate with this tonneau. Tradesmen should definitely check out this one out.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It looks good but I way too often need the whole bed. I'm waiting on the Peragon kit which should be avail this month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
It looks good but I way too often need the whole bed. I'm waiting on the Peragon kit which should be avail this month.
You may be aware but just in case... someone posted the trunk restriction due to the rails on the Paragon.

"Notes: Peragon rails limit trunk lid opening to about 22''

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,896 Posts
Two things you should know:

The first is that the Peragon cover is available to order right now. There is a link in the aftermarket tonneaus thread.

The second is that the same issue that holds the trunk back to 22 inches also takes significant cargo space away from your bed when the cover is removed: the side rails protrude into the bed by roughly 3 inches on either side.

With the cover closed, you also need to guard against your cargo shifting in the bed such that it comes too close to the cover, blocking the ramps or getting caught between the part of the tonneau that's already closed and the part that still needs to fold up. Some people have built elaborate guards out of wood to prevent the cover from being blocked, creating something else that takes away from cargo space and must be managed or removed when you remove the tonneau cover.

I don't mean to be a debbie downer about the Peragon. There are plenty of good things about it. At $699, it's an incredible bargain. It's also very slick looking when it's closed. And let's face it, the design is somewhat ingenious. Perhaps best of all, the company is the kind of company you want to do business with.

By the same token though, people should have all the information before they make a decision

1 - 9 of 9 Posts