Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Haven't seen that problem. Interesting. Have you checked for any vibration in the headlamp assemblies? My guess is that the bulb filament is being stressed somehow. The only way I can figure that that's happening is vibration. Wiggle the assemblies and see how much play is in them and let us know.

L

·
0 Posts
WOW..weird..I have the RTL/SR-ivaN and 24K in miles and I have yet to have that happen to me. ( I can't say it or it will happen, you know Murphy's Law!! ) :D

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
What has your dealer said about this issue? "Blowing headlights" is a new one for the ROC. I have not seen it reported anywhere else.

Please let us know what the ultimate diagnosis turns out to be.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Maybe a stupid question, but since I don't yet have a Ridge, I'll assume the bulbs are halogen just like any other car light (non-HID). You haven't touched the bulbs with your fingers or any part of your skin right? Any oil from your skin (no matter how clean your hands may be) will cause a halogen bulb to burn out or even sometimes physically pop very quickly.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't touched the bulbs, I'm always careful not to.
I've contacted the dealer, no other problems like this have been reported to them. I discussed the possiblity of faulty voltage regulator. I did mention that I added the aftermarket Class II hitch from Hitch.com(great deal and easy installation) to include the wiring harness. I've got about 15k miles on it so far and this is the only problem. It may be a simple fix under the warranty.
It goes for service next week.
Other that that I LOVE THIS TRUCK...........

I can put all of my SCUBA gear in the trunk, lock it up, and still be able to carry all of my stuff for my jetski.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
A faulty voltage regulator within the alternator may be the culprit. Then again, other bulbs would probably burn as well. My Element had something called an ELD - Electrical Load device which alternated the furnishing of juice between charging the battery and/or providing power to the accessories; all on a priority basis. It gave me a lot of problems like dimming/bright lights. The dealer replaced it under warranty.

·
Registered
68 Posts
No problems with the bulbs yet. Just crossing my fingers. I love this truck.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Florida-Steve said:
I did mention that I added the aftermarket Class II hitch from Hitch.com(great deal and easy installation) to include the wiring harness.
I don't know how relevant this is, but I'll give it a shot... my mom recently bought a motor home, and my step-dad had to jerry-rig the lights for pulling his car behind them because the dealership where they bought it didn't have the proper wiring harness in stock. Well, apparently the "proper" wiring harness includes diodes that prevents feedback into the system... they only discovered this after they had other electrical problems as a result of towing his car behind the motor home. Maybe the aftermarket wiring harness you got doesn't include similar feedback protection?

I know, I'm really reaching on this one... but I'm just trying to help! :D

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Any other symptoms such as unusually bright or dim lights or flickering? You might want to have someone sit in the drivers seat at night and have you walk around the truck observing the lights and turn signals. You could do the same thing whild driving ahead of and behind your truck. Anything observed can help pin down the cause.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts