Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it seems that my Ridgeline doesn't understand what I want. I ask to turn up the volume, she tells me "Radio 810 AM". This happens all the time. :(

But then I changed to the male voice, and it seems to work better.

Maybe I have trouble communicating with females? I wonder what my wife thinks...

·
Registered
141 Posts
shingles said:
So, it seems that my Ridgeline doesn't understand what I want. I ask to turn up the volume, she tells me "Radio 810 AM". This happens all the time. :(

But then I changed to the male voice, and it seems to work better.

Maybe I have trouble communicating with females? I wonder what my wife thinks...
Lets try to analyze the situation. Turn = Radio, looks like it is catching the "R" as "Radio". Try saying Turn emphasizing on the "T" and the "N".
Same situation with Volume = AM, looks like it is sensing the "M". Try emphasizing The "V" and "U" harder.

My nav gives me grief on "Turn audio off" , it replies "Turn Audio On". When I emphasize the "F" stronger, it works every time. I highly doubt if changing the responce voice has anything to do with the voice recognition part.

She (the nav)does have moods though....But then I catch myself not speaking clearly. BTW speaking clearly to the wife still doesn't work for me ....must be a male thing. :eek:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Sometimes mine does something entirely different when I say say something. (My Ridgeline, that is. Then again, my wife does the same thing...)

Was in a shopping center parking lot, pressed the voice comand button and was about to check the time when Polly Ponytail pulled out in front of me. Jumped on the brakes which caused some papers, a book and a small package to slide off the seat onto the floor. Said a naughty word - the nav screen changed to dual display.

After further research it was determined that there indeed is a voice comand function to request a SPLIT screen.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
This can be amusing or annoying. I fall on the amused side most of the time. It helps to turn down the fan speed, as that can distort what NAV "hears."

I want a mic button on the passenger side. I would be telling it more things to do. Memorizing the correct commands is a chore but would be easier if I were able to use it more often.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Ultra-HOG said:
Sometimes mine does something entirely different when I say say something. (My Ridgeline, that is. Then again, my wife does the same thing...)

Was in a shopping center parking lot, pressed the voice comand button and was about to check the time when Polly Ponytail pulled out in front of me. Jumped on the brakes which caused some papers, a book and a small package to slide off the seat onto the floor. Said a naughty word - the nav screen changed to dual display.

After further research it was determined that there indeed is a voice comand function to request a SPLIT screen.
Ah soooo! nav picked up the emphasis on the S--T !!!! :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ultra-HOG said:

Maybe you Said "Damn DipS**T" or "Damn Dummy" and you got "Dual Display". I love it.
Now think of the fun we could have if we could program in our own commands.
My wifes latest complaint since I got the Nav "You talk HER way more than you talk to me". I never saw any warnings in the manual about jealousy! Guess they can't cover everything. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
491 Posts
I already gave up on the Voice System......it's a too fustrating novelty. I like when you ask it what time it is......2 minutes later it answers you. I also held the button a few times and screamed "you suck!!" in to it. It couldn't understand that either.

My eyes and arms work fine. Maybe it's made for blind people with short arms??

L

·
0 Posts
maybearidge said:
I already gave up on the Voice System......it's a too fustrating novelty. I like when you ask it what time it is......2 minutes later it answers you. I also held the button a few times and screamed "you suck!!" in to it. It couldn't understand that either.

My eyes and arms work fine. Maybe it's made for blind people with short arms??
I can't believe it. I'm not the only one who yells at Ivan?? lololol
I gave up too. I usually say..." Hello?? Hello are you in there?" when he doesn't answer me after 10 minutes. I gave up on Ivanna along time ago. I don't need a woman telling me what to do and where to go in MY truck...no sir!!
(It is fun to make him say funny/silly/bad words though) :D

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Mine usually works pretty well. One time it simply would not register any commands. Next time I got in the vehicle, all was well again.

I basically use it to change XM channels and adjust the AC temperature.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts