Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there get tired of the head turnin' that happens when your RL passes by? I certainly don't...mj :D

·
Registered
774 Posts
How about all of the gas station encounters? That's a fairly regular occurance as curious folks ask questions about my Ridgeline. It's fun to be a little different and to attract attention.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I live in Los Angeles, and there are so many exotic cars that I haven't really had any second-looks as of yet.

But in all fairness, I've only had my Ridgleine for three weeks now, and have only driven about three times.

L

·
0 Posts
Nox said:
I live in Los Angeles, and there are so many exotic cars that I haven't really had any second-looks as of yet.

But in all fairness, I've only had my Ridgleine for three weeks now, and have only driven about three times.
You need to move to Ohio where Ridgelines are few and far between and EVERYONE looks at you!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
ladyridge said:
You need to move to Ohio where Ridgelines are few and far between and EVERYONE looks at you!!
Nah... lived in Ohio once. You couldn't pay me to live there again.

I didn't say Ridgelines were common here in Los Angeles... I said exotics were. I probably see a dozen Ferraris and Maseratis a day. Only see maybe one or two Ridgelines. I didn't say Ridgelines were a common sight.. They just don't stand out that much in amongst all the BMWs, Mercedes, Range Rovers and such.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Nox said:

You've driven it only 3 times in 3 weeks?!?!?! :eek: Unless your other ride is one of those "exotics" as you call them, you are missing out on a pretty great experience, as least as far as pickup trucks are concerned.

·
Registered
51 Posts
denvrfan said:
You've driven it only 3 times in 3 weeks?!?!?! :eek: Unless your other ride is one of those "exotics" as you call them, you are missing out on a pretty great experience, as least as far as pickup trucks are concerned.
I think I answered your question in another post, but yes, I've only driven it 3 times in 3 weeks. Twice to the Post Office with big packages, and once to my brother's house.

I didn't buy the Ridgeline to be anything other than a utility vehicle. I don't drive it any more or any less just because it is new.

Right now, the weather here in sunny Southern California is just too nice for me to be cooped up in a truck. So I have been driving my Vette with the top down or one of my bikes. Tonight, I think I am going on a beach cruise on my bike.

Does what I say make any sense? I love the Ridgeline, but to me, it is, what it is, and that's a good utility vehicle, not something I wanna cruise in.

·
Registered
224 Posts
To each his own, and from those pics, you've got some pretty great alternatives! Gorgeous sunset picture by the way.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Nox:

You guys in SoCal deserve some good weather after the rainy season you've endured. Back here on the EC, the old Bermuda high is settling in with heat and humidity setting up camp. I'd much prefer to be cooled by my RL's climate control system than subject myself to the 3 H's (Haze, Heat and Humidity). Enjoy whatever ride you end up taking!

·
Registered
51 Posts
SSquire said:
I'm upset that I have to miss out on a day of riding time today to pick up my Ridgeline. ;)
Lol, I am going to drop the Ridgeline off at the dealer today for them to add some accessories. I was all set to load my CBR on the bed (a good test) so I could ride home, but they told me I get a loaner car. Oh well, I'm still gonna load my bike on the bed soon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On Ft Lewis today, motorcycle behind me at a stop light, then pulls up along side me...
I roll down the window.

"Should I buy one of these?" he asks...

"Definitely" I say.

"How's it ride?" he asks...

"Doesn't ride like a truck, I'll tell ya"

"How's the mileage?"

"Getting about 17mpg"

Light turns green.

"Well it looks pretty cool" and off we go....

I think we have another member of the ROC!! :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've noticed some head turns and pointing in parkign lots. I can tell some of them are, "Look honey, there's that new truck you were looking at online." I've showed it off to one couple in a gorcery store parking lot since the guy was thinking of getting one, and another guy asked if he could peek in the window outside an auto parts store and went on and on about his 11 year old Honda that is still running fine. Upon leaving the store, one goober said to his friend, "that truck is a joke". You should have seen the guy, though. Not much worthwhile coming out of his mouth I could tell.

Scott

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have had lots of gas station conversations for sure.

Best was on my initial test drive, guy in an RX8 gives me a couple of head fakes then pulls around us and makes us pull over. I roll down the windows and answer all his questions while the sales guy sits beside me clueless as I more or less sell the truck point by point. After a while the guy asks me how my milage is so far..........I tell him......I have no idea, I'm on a "test drive"......!!!

My last car was a Honda Ody........everybody in Toronto drives a dam Ody, its nice to be a bit different for a while.

The best has to be those weird and goooooofy waves to other Ridge owners as you pass each other.......do i wave, maybe a nod of the head or just go crazy and honk the horn and start following them to the next traffic light.........!! LOL

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Actually, I'm a bit disappointed on the times we go out and no one asks to have a peek or comments about how cool it is and how much they'd like to have one. I love showing off our truck.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Had two experiences today about 'head turnin' that I want to share.....

Headed up I-17 to see in-laws for Father's day and a car fire closed down the highway for an hour.

As we sat there, a couple sitting in traffic came over and started asking about the truck. I showed them the features but gave the short 'tour' since I had my family in the car....

Then, while my truck was sitting in my In-law's driveway, the doorbell rang. There was a woman and her daughter that wanted to ask about the RL! Can you believe it? Parked on the street, walked up the driveway just to ask about the truck. Turns out it was someone that lives on the same street as my in-laws (but don't know them). Of course I went outside and spent about 15 minutes or so showing her the truck, where I bought it, etc.... I even gave her this website to check out which she said she would. I even gave her the business card of the sales rep I used (and a referral card so if she does buy, I'd get a check for it!

I then took my brother-in-law for a test drive and he even loved it....although he just bought a GMC Yukon for his wife....maybe his next car will be a (RL) truck....says he misses having a truck...

So, I had fun showing off my truck today, the highlight of my Father's Day!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I love the head turns! Bought mine saturday night 6/18 and this morning on my way to work I had a guy in an F150 park in front of me at the Albertsons and ask to check her out. It was an awesome feeling. But the best was watching the looky loo's all day! Outside my office, guys were walking around the truck a couple of times trying to peek through the privacy glass. You know they wanted to touch but afraid to set off an alarm. The double take looks at the truck are a great booster to my wallet! I had an F150 pass me, slow down, get behind me. Of course I slid open the back window to show off! LOL I'm sure I'll get over this stage of gloating but for now I'll have fun with it! :cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
It is too funny how the heads turn for the past few days since I bought my ridge. :cool:

Everywhere I go I have to account an extra 5 to 10 minutes or so to my time for tours. I love the double takes that I get. They see it ... then they quickly turn thier heads again with ears up and then angle (like a curious dog) saying inside (huh? Honda makes a truck?) Then they all say same thing.. Is this the new honda?... I didnt know honda made a truck?... Can I check her out? etc

I went to the grocery store at camp pendleton today and of course I have to put the stuff in the trunk, so i get to the truck and open the back to the side. I hear from a distance behind me "NO WAY!... DUDE, DID YOU JUST SEE THAT? SHE JUST OPENED IT TO THE SIDE, LOOK!" I heard that and just smirked. I said to myself, wait for it... wait for it... Then... Yes everyone.... I opened the trunk! LOL :cool:
"OH S***! " the other is laughing, "NO WAY!"
I couldn't help but turn and give a smile

The next thing I knew, here they come from 2 parking aisles over. I continued to load the groceries into the trunk, being sure to leave one side empty. You all no the side I left empty right? Yes, where the drain plug is.. I closed the trunk.

So they come over, "Honda makes a truck?" "I heard about these but I have never seen one before"

I'm talking to these guys and 2 more guys come over to check out the ridge. Talking to them and this couple stopped. and then another guy stops.

The next thing know I have 7 people crowded around the truck while im showing off features.

The first 2 guys said to everyone else.. "You gotta see this bed!" "Hey show them the bed" So yes, I go around the back ... open the tail to the side. I opened the trunk and they all freaked out! Yelling all different coments.. "SWEET!" "OH MY GOD!" "NO WAY!" etc

"NO WAIT WAIT, NOW SHOW THEM THE DRAIN!" So then I freaked them all out again.

"NOW SHOW THEM THE WINDOW!" I went back inside the ridge, turn the ignition switch slightly and opened the back window... (see above for shouting) LOL

I say "Well everyone, I gotts get home and get this milk in the fridge"

They all waited for me to start her up and I rode off in the sunset
:cool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts