Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Head unit

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  lawnmower man 
#1 ·
Found a head unit with navigation for sale, My 06 Currently does not have that feature does anyone know if this is a plug in play option?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
This unit will not be plug and play. Most G1 RL owners decide to install an after market brand head unit w/navigation rather than attempt the conversion to the Honda brand.

#6 ·
This is the other one

Definitely not worth going back to the 06 nav, too much hassle for an outdated system. I just put this in mine and I love it

#7 ·
This is the other one

Definitely not worth going back to the 06 nav, too much hassle for an outdated system. I just put this in mine and I love it

I ordered the same ATOTO S8 from Amazon. I also ordered the following for installation:

• Metra 95-7870G Double DIN Installation Dash Kit
  • Metra 70-1729 Radio Wiring Harness
  • Metra Electronics 40-HD10 Factory Antenna Cable

I want to verify if I need to purchase anything else. I wasn't sure if I needed Crux SWRHN-62L Radio Replacement Accessories. Were you able to use your steering wheel controls? If so, did you need to buy an additional harness?

Any help would be appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.