Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I am New RTL owner of about 4 weeks. I came from a 1999 Jeep Wrangler which I thought was the best truck ever. Never thought I would trade it but I thought the Ridgeline was amazing and the rest is history.

The only thing I can even complain about is that I hit my knee on the headlight round switch when my legs come into the vehicle.

Anyone else have that problem?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Todd said:
First of all I am New RTL owner of about 4 weeks. I came from a 1999 Jeep Wrangler which I thought was the best truck ever. Never thought I would trade it but I thought the Ridgeline was amazing and the rest is history.

The only thing I can even complain about is that I hit my knee on the headlight round switch when my legs come into the vehicle.

It happens to me about once a week too. I'm almost 6'4". That probably has something to do with it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a 5'9" average guy and hit it quite a bit. It's the only design change I would make.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I too hit my knee on the switch atleast once a week. Car always dings and reminds me as I turn the lights on with my knee!!! I thought it was a feature!

·
Registered
430 Posts
How high are you all lifting your legs to get in? :rolleyes:

I am 6' and have only managed to the cruise control or VSA button when I enter or exit the vehicle. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I kinda do this cart wheel thing when I am getting in the vehicle...just kidding...

I guess just the normal amount..

The headlight switch seems to stick out just enough for me to give it a good whack now and then.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Me too, just about every other time. (I'm 6'4") The first times hurt too.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Todd said:

Todd, I'm surprised you didn't notice this during test drives

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I am 6' even and I have never bumped my leg on anything but the door itself as I didn't open it far enough and it tries to close on my leg. But I keep my seat all the way back as far as it goes. I have long legs and arms just a short body.

·
Registered
268 Posts
5'11" and shrinking. Yeah, I hit it once just after I bought it. Tough dial switch. :eek:

Now, I pay attention.... :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
if you are hitting it with your right knee as you are getting in just stick your foot in further at least past the 6 o'clock mark-stright-down on the steering wheel. Actually, my right knee is the one that hits the bottom of the steering wheel and I am conscious of it when I get in so as not to hit it. (6' 2'')

on a side note...a reason I wouldn'g get the side boards is that the back of my calf/leg/pants area would hit it as I step out of the truck (unless I actually stepped on the side board to get out but I am just not used to test drive trucks sideboards.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've turned the headlights on, getting out of the vehicle the first week I had it. Apparently I've also turned off the cruise without knowing it too.
Somebody from the dealership did the same thing when I left it there for the "leak repair", but they didn't hear the warning I guess, cause the lights were on when I picked it up.

I'm 6'-1".

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
oldguy said:
I'm 6 foot too, and have the seat all the way back and no problem. I guess its the short and long of it. :D
I agree, I'm 6-1, mostly legs and I glad into my driver's seat with no problem.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Todd said:

Its really bad for short people. I am only 5'6" so I have to keep the seat forward. If I am not careful I hit my knee in the same place as you.

·
Registered
112 Posts
6' 4" and dinged. I hit it after moving my leg away from the parking break that is rubbing my ankle!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had read this and thought no problem for me. Today for some reason my knee hits it just right and it hurt. No prob since March just funny after all the posts. I'm 6'2''. Still no other problems. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts