Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 ridgeline. Ever since the airbag was replaced due to the recall I have been having a problem with the headlights turning off while I am driving. They will come back on if I toggle the switch between hi and lo beam. The dealer is of no help because it is an intermittent problem. Any suggestions?

Premium Member
I have a 2011 ridgeline. Ever since the airbag was replaced due to the recall I have been having a problem with the headlights turning off while I am driving. They will come back on if I toggle the switch between hi and lo beam. The dealer is of no help because it is an intermittent problem. Any suggestions?
Be pushy and firm.

When I got my truck back from the initial air bag recall work, my running lights did not work and the headlights worked because I have a HID retrofit. Called the service adviser before I left the lot, called him again the day after. it got so bad that the Regional manager called me back to apologize. They tried to tell me that I have too many electronics and that they were doing it out of courtesy. I told them, like an pr*ck, that it is NOT a courtesy and that they are just fixing their problem as the truck did not come in that way.

Registered
Had a VW Rabbit (remember those) back in the mid 80's that would do that same thing. Driving home at night and the headlights just turned off. Car ran fine. Exciting at 10pm after a fun night at the bowling alley!

Turned out to be a bad ground. Fixed it on a SWAG by running a piece of flexible flat braded ground wire from a bolt on the alternator mount to the frame of the car.

Registered
Lucy,
I am going to state something simple that may have caught you out. The low beams are burnt up! Both.. I have had six Honda and three Ridges. Drive with the headlights on 24/7. I have learned that when one bulb goes I have no more than a matter of days before the next goes. I literally change them in pairs. One side goes I do both.
Humor me a try changing a bulb. Do one at a time because the darn retaining clips are a pain...not very easy to look at and understand what needs to be done to clip it back in. It helped me to leave one alone so I could look over at the other side for orientation reference.
I'm feeling this one....easy would be nice right? Give it a go. Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts