Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone find that it is very easy to forget to turn headlights on in the ridgeline. I never seem to remember and I have never had this problem before. Then I realized that the dash is already backlit when the lights aren't on so it is very easy to forget the lights.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I almost forgot once already. It is different having the backlighted dash and light switch in a different location than most other cars I have owned.

Don't worry the nice policeman will pull you over and let you know your lights are not on. ;)

Doug

·
Registered
23 Posts
I actually prefer it this way. I work on a MIL BASE at night and am supposed to kill my lights when entering the gate. I had a Toyota Sienna (Traded for the R/L) and could not kill the lights. I got tired of explaining to the Sentry's that I could not kill my lights. :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Jeff said:
I actually prefer it this way. I work on a MIL BASE at night and am supposed to kill my lights when entering the gate. I had a Toyota Sienna (Traded for the R/L) and could not kill the lights. I got tired of explaining to the Sentry's that I could not kill my lights. :)
Working at Patuxent Naval Air Test Center eh? I thought I saw a base sticker on your window. I'm currently stationed here at Offutt AFB, NE and was stationed at Ft. Meade, MD from 1987-91. I do miss the Maryland crabs! ...Now I'm stuck with corn :p

-SixOpRidge

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
The Ridgeline is the first vehicle I've had in maybe 10 years that didn't have automatic headlights. Yes, I find it annoying to have to turn them off and on manually.

I'm aware of the lame excuses Honda gave for not including such basic things, but to be honest the list of features that Honda didn't include because they were "scared" the Ridgeline would be too upscale annoys me more every day.

To not unlock all door, or at lest have the option is total BS.

To not have automatic headlghts is total BS.

What would it have cost Honda to include such things? Probably nothing. They were just too wimpy to include them.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Why don't you trade in your RL for a Titan or somethin' then, so you can go complain on some other forum? I swear... the things people find to complain about never ceases to amaze me. At the same time, they are never willing to change things to their liking, probably because they realize their liking can never be met. It ends up being an endless spiral of negativity and disappointment -- what a way to go through life!

I love my RL!! Even if I forget, for the first 20 seconds or so, to turn on my headlights (I've done this more than once). Even if I had to turn off the auto-lock feature because the auto-unlock feature doesn't unlock all the doors. So what?? It's not that big a deal. Be happy, for crying out loud!! :D

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
flymuck said:
Why don't you trade in your RL for a Titan or somethin' then, so you can go complain on some other forum? I swear... the things people find to complain about never ceases to amaze me. At the same time, they are never willing to change things to their liking, probably because they realize their liking can never be met. It ends up being an endless spiral of negativity and disappointment -- what a way to go through life!

I love my RL!! Even if I forget, for the first 20 seconds or so, to turn on my headlights (I've done this more than once). Even if I had to turn off the auto-lock feature because the auto-unlock feature doesn't unlock all the doors. So what?? It's not that big a deal. Be happy, for crying out loud!! :D
I'm glad you love your Ridgeline. I like mine too (I don't know if it's really possible to "love" a vehicle... sanity issues come to mind). But I guess you've got a right to love your vehicle if you want.

I don't know where you live, but I live in the USA. This is a place where we respect the beliefs and opinion of others. We do harbor more than our share of ignorant people that fail to respect the rights and beliefs of others though. We've been working on educating these ignorant and inconsiderate people, but so far the problem seems to be getting worse instead of better.

So to answer your question directly: I will buy an damned vehicle I choose. I don't remember asking your opinion on what vehicle I should own. I do remember this thread being about automatic headlights and I shared my opinion on that subject. I realize you don't think I have the right to express my opinion, but I assure you that I do.

Grow up.

·
Registered
626 Posts
So, when I grow up, does that mean I'll be more likely to bitch about stupid petty things? Cuz if so, I don't wanna grow up!!!

I have no problem with freedom of speech. I have a problem with whiny people who can never be satisfied. And the freedom of speech thing applies to me too, don't forget. *AND* since you posted on this forum, you did ask my opinion, along with everyone else's.

If you were paying attention, which you obviously weren't, I live in "the USA" as well. It's posted as part of my bio.

My problem with your post was this:
<I>What would it have cost Honda to include such things? Probably nothing. They were just too wimpy to include them.</I>

Editorializing. Whining. Yes, you have every right to complain about the functionality of the vehicle; this is a free country, and a free forum. I have every right to get tired of people and their overblown expectations of an otherwise great vehicle, and great auto maker. It wasn't personal. I apologize for making it seem so. My message goes to all whiners out there -- you just happened to be unlucky enough to feel the brunt of it.

Again, nothing personal.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Woah....easy does it. I like reading complaints as well as good points.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Please let's not turn this really great site into a pissing match...either side. We all have our opinions and that is :( just what they are...opinions. Please respect other's feelings and if something "bother's" you in their remarks...just let it gom.

·
Registered
491 Posts
you know what I really hate? -picking poppy seeds out of those damn holes in the leather seats. What a bunch of cheap bas**ds those Honda people are-how much money do you think they saved on leather that way?? :D

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Nicholas said:
...We all have our opinions and that is :( just what they are...opinions...
A wise man once said, "Opinions are like a**holes. Everybody has one and some of them stink." I think it was Archie Bunker.

·
Registered
626 Posts
maybearidge said:
you know what I really hate? -picking poppy seeds out of those damn holes in the leather seats. What a bunch of cheap bas**ds those Honda people are-how much money do you think they saved on leather that way?? :D
Use a strong vacuum -- that might help. I have the same problem with the Insight seats, which aren't holey like the leather but have little tiny pockets as part of the fabric weave. Bread crumbs, poppy seeds, you name it -- it gets trapped in those little holes. Everywhere. Vacuum usually does the trick.

I would've thought that the holes were to provide breathability in the leather (solid leather is *hot!*) but maybe there was a cost component as well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
back on the subject, I kinda like the manual headlight light thing... old school, just like me! reminds me of my 1st car, 1970 firebird (lots of memories with that one).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok, I am not a RL owner just yet, but have a question about the lights.

At night, if you don't turn on the headlights, the dash lights are still lit up? As in all the gauges, switches, radio buttons?
Are these on all the time, or are they on a light sensor?

If that is they way they work, I would wonder why? I can see how you can forget to turn your lights on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
As far I can remember thing else is let other then bash board and everything else lights up as soon u turn on lights and yeah you guys know you can leave the lights on they go off after few mins I have done this many times @ nite

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yes. The night that I picked up the truck, I drove about 50 miles and pulled into a gas station, upon returning to the truck I forgot to turn on the headlights until I pulled out of the gas station and the area was pitch dark which was a less than suttle reminder. I quickly reached for where the light switch was in my older BMW and not finding it there my heart skipped a beat or two as I fumbled to find the headlight switch.

Because of that, Im now quite conscious about making sure the headlights are turned on at night.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I guess that explains why I am constantly pulling people over, (yes I am a cop) for driving with their lights off.
Thinking of it now, I realize those where all Hondas, which means the RL is not the only Honda like that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts