Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Headliner getting wet.

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  snakeman99 
#1 ·
07 Ridgeline. I'm experiencing water infiltration at the passenger side head liner. Upper corner starting at the windshield traveling towards the rear. Someone suggested that a tube or channel is blocked on the sun/moon roof? Does anyone know how to fix this?

#2 ·
Find the vent drain and blow compressed air through it?

#4 ·
I took a hint from from another club member and put a compressor hose on the vent which is a little tricky to find, but it definitely blew sludge out of the line and opened up. But when I poured water into the channel it seemed to continue to come in at a slower pace. Intuitively I put some silicone caulk where I saw water dripping in and it has ceased as far as I know. Good luck and keep me posted

#7 ·
Roof trim? Are you referring to the black plastic that runs down the length of the roof exterior? I made the mistake of pulling down the headliner on the leak side of the vehicle. I may have bent it and he does not want to stay tight/fixed in place. Did you take pictures you can share?

#8 ·
Sorry, didn't take any pictures. I attacked the leak from the top after reading all of the same issues and fixes being posted. Over two weeks and still no leak. Just clean that groove out really good before laying down any sealer.

On another note, I had my headliner replaced by a custom shop for about $300 or so a few years ago. I never realized the leak until after the headliner was replaced. I wish the headliner guy would have said something about water leaking ......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.