Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Has your Ridgeline headliner sagged?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The headliner on my '08 RTL is sagging badly. Over the past year I have made a point to stop anyone I see in a parking lot who drives a Ridgeline and have not met one person whose headliner has not sagged.

If the number of Ridgeline owners experiencing this problem is significant I'm hoping that we can convince Honda to replace the failing headliners much in the same way that Toyota is replacing cracked dashboards in their Siennas.

·
Super Moderator
6,869 Posts
Nope, Mine's fine. Now my 1997 Civic, that was another issue. But ultimately I replaced it bought new visors because they were a mess also

·
Registered
7 Posts
The headliner in my '07 is still flawless. Not sure where you're located or what conditions your RL is subjected to. If you're down south with a lot of heat and sun exposure, perhaps that might soften the adhesive that keeps the headliner attached to the roof panel. Frankly, the only vehicle I've ever had (and I've had plenty) that had a headliner drop, was an old '88 Chrysler New Yorker. I was down in Tennessee at the time and vehicle was about 10 years old. I've not heard of or seen any Ridgelines with a dropped headliner either. I was surprised to see the posting.

·
Registered
187 Posts
It happens. Search and you'll find posts about it. Humidity seems to be a factor, but not always. I doubt this occurs with anything approaching a significant frequency for Honda to care.

Mine sagged, same area. Had it replaced by an upholstery shop for...trying to remember...$200 maybe?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live in Houston with high humidity. I'll contact an upholstery shop for a new liner. I suppose the hard liner can be salvaged and they simply glue new material to it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Right - that's what they did to mine, just a re-cover. Some here have bought a new OEM liner and replaced the whole thing. I took the easy route. :^)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
06 RTL,Florida truck,sagging on passenger side.I made an appointment to have it replaced,Interior guy says the cause is heat and humidity,and occurs mostly on Chrysler and Honda products.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine was sagging when new. Just along the back window. I had it repaired under warranty. Noticed it's sagging again after i had some hail damage repaired. But only along the back window

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yep, sagging on my 2007 RTS. It's both sides from the doors up about a quarter of the way across the roof.
I also live in the south with lots of heat and way too much humidity.

·
Registered
84 Posts
06 RTL, mine has sagged for about a year. Entire roof now. My daughter pinned it back up for me. I live in the south with a lot of heat and some humidity, but have parked in garage/covered parking >95% of the time.

·
Registered
94 Posts
2006 Rtl with 266k. Headliner sagged about a month ago. Upholstery shop is redoing it for $225. Pulling whole thing out of truck, new fabric, adhering it and then reinstalling. Gonna try and keep it one more year...also needing yet another windshield.

·
Registered
117 Posts
2006 been sagging. In Louisiana so it is hot and humid. Just pinned it back up as the local wanted 500-700 to pull out and replace or repair. Umm no thanks $7.50 headliner pin like things and go on about my life. Besides fix it and it will fall again with my luck!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just dropped down left of my head (driver seat). Also started on same side at rear door. After about 4 days I noticed same sag starting on the passenger side. Went to my favorite auto body shop who referred me to seat cover company with 73 years experience. Repair scheduled for this week - $345 for headliner, extra $130 if I do the sunshade on the moon roof (not sagging, but same 11 year age as rest of headliner).

Probably have all done for $475 - it is driving me crazy to see the sagging headliner out of the corner of my eye. All cosmetic, but LOVE MY TRUCK and want to keep it longer (155K miles).

·
Registered
145 Posts
2008 RTX - The rear drivers side was sagging a little when I purchased the truck in April. It looks like it sagged a little more via me leaving the rear sliding window open going at highway speeds. If the price to fix it is what is mentioned in previous posts, I am all for it ! I do realize the last post was 2016 and the price may be a little higher now.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts