Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new 2007 RTS . I really like the truck . I have had a few problems , but nothing major . I was cleaning the back window today and noticed the headliner had come lose and dropped down . Has anyone had trouble with this? I called the dealer and they made me an appointment to bring it in . Thanks for any advice . Tom

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
yeah i had this problem i took it to the dealer they put that black glue/sealant stuff on it and it didnt work it still dropped down then i tried to fix it with velco still not working

all i gotta say is **** fairfax honda im never going there again, only reason i will go is to buy the lease out

·
Registered
366 Posts
I noticed the same problem just this morning with mine. Apparently my dealership has seen it before and they're sending mine to an upholstery shop the next time I can part with it for a day. The girl at the service desk specifically said, "We could just put some sealant up there to stick it back but we want to do it right." Apparently, the sealant isn't getting it done as you mentioned.

I think what caused mine was opening the back glass while the sunroof was down and the airflow through there was too much. I don't want to NOT be able to do that though.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had the problem as well... but, mine didn't drop down enough to tell. I was simply hearing a 'buzzing' sound when I hit a bump, etc. Turns out some of the clips that hold the headliner up around the moon roof had come loose. They just pressed up on it in the correct spots and I've had 22,000 happy miles since.

Good luck!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the replies . I have an appointment tomorrow . I just like to have some advice from people who know . Thanks again , Tom

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
yeah i think i will call the dealership tomorrow and give them hell cause im still really pissed what happen when i bought the car, and 2 hours to put the sealant on this dealership is real ridiculous

maybe i will threaten them that i will let the owner (dads friend :D) know what they are doing

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to the Honda dealer [Sam Swope ] on Wed . They said that honda told them to try and glue the clips first . Did not hold . They ordered a new headliner for me .I have an appointment on Tuesday the 7th to put it in . They told me that this is not the first Ridgeline that they have done .

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I went to the Honda dealer [Sam Swope ] on Wed . They said that honda told them to try and glue the clips first . Did not hold . They ordered a new headliner for me .I have an appointment on Tuesday the 7th to put it in . They told me that this is not the first Ridgeline that they have done .
well i guess this is what they are going to do for me i am taking my ridgeline to fairfax honda and the service manager is going to look at it this time, then gotta go see my dads friend who is going to give me his loaner to drive.... should i tell him when ever my subs hit i hear a some metal banging noise from the headliner??

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
well 6 hours later they call and say i need a new headliner and its on order 3-5 days, the loaner they gave me for today is a Honda CRV EX and guess what that has????!!! AN AUX JACK!!!!!! WTF WHY NOT THE RIDGELINE ITS MORE $$$$$$ well off to return the CRV (damn the CRV sucks compared to the ridge)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just got my Ridgeline back from Sam Swope Honda . They did an excellent job . Mike Cavanaugh was my service adviser . It looks like the factory one .

·
Registered
366 Posts
Well, my dealership took mine to the upholstery shop today ... kept it all day almost and when I get back in, I smell some serious adhesive that's been used. I have all the windows and sunroof down tonight and hopefully it will be tolerable tomorrow.

More importantly, I hope the headliner stays, or falls down in the next month or so so that they'll remember me and take care of it without hassle.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
almost 3 weeks later still no call about the headliner, called them yesterday left the service manager a message and they seem to be avoiding me again (first time was when i bought the car and they were putting the accessories on) now i dont know what to do, i call them im sure i will get pissed off and start yelling at them any advice????

(i am really tempted to call the owner of that honda dealership)

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Contact Honda of America Headquarters. They will have the District Manager come down there to check out your problem.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Contact Honda of America Headquarters. They will have the District Manager come down there to check out your problem.
see thats the thing i dont wanna get the people i know there in trouble, i know the finance manager, and the owner of the dealership, right now im have my dad call because im to upset at them and i know i will start screaming, he called yesterday and the service transferred us to parts (uhhh???? why??) and they dont have a ticket of the order.

calling the owner of the dealership is looking better and better, if i call Honda of America will my friends get in trouble??

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
calling the owner of the dealership is looking better and better, if i call Honda of America will my friends get in trouble??
You have to decide how badly you want this problem corrected and to what extent you are willing to go...

If it means holding people accountable and reasonable expectations of service and communication...you gotta do what you gotta do...

Maybe one last trip in person and then lower the hammer....

·
Registered
443 Posts
Show up at the dealer and ask to speak with the manager or service manager. Tell them if it is not fixed ASAP you will be talking to Honda America. Its that simple. If they are not there ask the receptionist who is in charge so you can let Honda America know who they need to contact about you getting the run around.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I expect total strangers to take care of me if it's their job to do so. I expect my friends to do that AND THEN SOME without me having to ask again and again. If these people aren't taking care of you, maybe they're not your friends--maybe they're just people you know.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I expect total strangers to take care of me if it's their job to do so. I expect my friends to do that AND THEN SOME without me having to ask again and again. If these people aren't taking care of you, maybe they're not your friends--maybe they're just people you know.
he is a friend we just havent told them whats going on, on monday we are going to call them again if they again try to avoid us we're just going to call the owner

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
GOT THROUGH TO THE SERVICE MANAGER!!!! guess what THEY HAD IT FOR 3 WEEKS AND DIDNT CALL ME :mad:!!!! i really hope they do not have security at the dealer because once i get my car back im going to tell them the way i expect to be treated after i just bought a truck valued at $37K from them, i hope Honda calls after the service is done so i can tell them what kind of service i've been getting from there "service" department

im getting really pissed with dealerships treating me like **** cause im a kid, while older people that bring there car there get great service, free oil changes, ect.
i'm spending over half of my bring home pay on this car and i really am sick of the service, even though i love this truck i wish i had just gotten the Subaru Legacy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Honda Carland in Alpharetta, GA just replaced my headliner for free (under warranty). The service manager quickly said that fixing the issue was a waste of time. They ordered the part and 3 days later they called me up. It took about 3 hours to install. Truck looks great!

My problem showed up when I opened the sunroof and the back window at the same time. The headliner popped when I was traveling about 70mph.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts