Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All, I’m locked up due to Covid so can’t go to the dealer and try this myself. I’m debating between the 2021 Sport and an RTL. I know when there’s a moon roof there is less headroom. Does anyone have experience with the headroom for a 6’2” tall person in both vehicles? I’d prefer the RTL but not sure its comfortable. Thx

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm a couple inches taller than you. I test drove a 2020 RTL a few months ago and did not feel cramped at all with the moonroof. I'm expecting the same with the 2021 models since no obvious (or listed) interior dimensions changed very dramatically. I will sit my butt in the 2021 and give one a spin ASAP, but I expect to pull the trigger and purchase a '21 RTL by early summer, partially based on adequate cabin room for my taller-than-normal stature.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick response guys. Eases my mind to buy sight unseen. And I’m guessing your long legs don’t have any issues as well?

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm not quite 6 foot, but I find the dead pedal a bit annoying. Seems to take up too much room where I normally like to stretch my leg out more. I've adjusted the seat and raised it up a bit more and am pretty much used to it now, but every now and then I still threaten to remove it.

I don't think it will be that hard to remove, but it will require pulling some trim and pulling the carpet back. I really don't know why they made it so big. It's bigger than the one in my old Tundra and there was quite a bit more leg room in the Tundra.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm 6'1" and have PLENTY of headroom in the Ridgeline. I had a Tacoma before it, and had less room in that, but didn't have a sunroof.

The interior of the RL is so much more roomy... in fact it feels like I'm sitting way lower relative to the roof. It makes me feel like I'm 6" shorter.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ridgeline RTLT in the odd 'green' shade. stock, with bed cover, I am 02nd owner
317 Posts
I'm not quite 6 foot, but I find the dead pedal a bit annoying. Seems to take up too much room where I normally like to stretch my leg out more. I've adjusted the seat and raised it up a bit more and am pretty much used to it now, but every now and then I still threaten to remove it.

I don't think it will be that hard to remove, but it will require pulling some trim and pulling the carpet back. I really don't know why they made it so big. It's bigger than the one in my old Tundra and there was quite a bit more leg room in the Tundra.
I did not KNOW it could [the dead pedal] be removed;; I thought it was part of the sheet metal floor pan.. SO, the Question is ----Who has done this, and how? Both for OP project, and the rest of us who be Curious..

·
Registered
521 Posts
Foam block, would not work to remove if you have weather tech or other full coverage floor mat
Never really looked at those mats much, but checking the pics you can see how far forward the dead pedal is versus the gas pedal. I don't understand why Honda did that. Did they think there are a lot of people with one leg shorter than the other or something? Maybe it's just me wanting to be sitting as symmetrically as possible. I have had some disc issues in my back and I tend to pay attention to stuff that loads my low back unevenly. Got rid of my back pocket wallet years ago too.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I am 6’2" with a 36" inseam.
As far as headroom in a sunroof equipped ridgeline I can sit on a pillow if I have to and still have plenty of room but I have a short torso.
My abnormally long legs are ok as long as I don't wear my boots in it. The only vehicles I can drive with boots on are full-size pickups so this is not unusual for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am 6’2" with a 36" inseam.
As far as headroom in a sunroof equipped ridgeline I can sit on a pillow if I have to and still have plenty of room but I have a short torso.
My abnormally long legs are ok as long as I don't wear my boots in it. The only vehicles I can drive with boots on are full-size pickups so this is not unusual for me.
I'm in a similar situation. I'm 6'3" but with long legs and a shorter torso. The Ridgeline is one of the few vehicles that I'm comfortable in that isn't a full size truck. I find being able to lift the seat up to take pressure off of my knees is significant for long term comfort. I know for the G1s the cloth seats didn't have that vertical adjustment, not sure if that's still the case with the G2 sport. If it is, I'd recommend getting an RTL so you can have that extra adjustment. Ultimately I'd prefer the seat to go back another inch or so. When I kick off my shoes it's perfect, boots make it a little cramped. Mine is a 2017 RTL-E with moonroof.

For comparison, I sat in a new Tacoma TRD Pro and with the seat as low is it could get my legs had zero space, and my head was touch the roof depending on how I moved around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts