Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. First post. Please help. I have a 2014 and there is heat coming from the vents even when set to cold on the dial. Both when the blower is on and off. Already changed the temperature driver and that has not solved my issue. I did notice when I manually moved the temperature door it produced the same results. Note: the air conditioning works fine. So does the re circulation.

·
Super Moderator
4,724 Posts
You might try reading these threads: there may be several causes such as low refrigerant, micro relay, or temp mode motor failure, etc.

This ^^^ thread includes some diagnostic procedures for the AC system

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have same problem. It on ly happens once in awhile. After I turn ac off and on several times it will correct itself. Not sure what is causing problem. I know it is not freon as it will start working fine after a reset??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Sparkland. None of those worked. It seems on the highway it’s fine, local streets and in park is a different story. Ill give it a few more days of research then just bend over after the dealership is done with it.

·
Super Moderator
6,756 Posts
Thanks Sparkland. None of those worked. It seems on the highway it’s fine, local streets and in park is a different story. Ill give it a few more days of research then just bend over after the dealership is done with it.
When it’s having an issue open up the hood and see if both fans are running? If not then disconnect them and see if providing power to either of them if they will work. Also when everything is off, see how difficult it is to manually turn them. Just thinking about failing cooling fans and the system protecting the radiator/engine from additional loads that it’s unable to cool for.

No I don’t know what leads to provide power to would need to check the FSM and see if there’s anything else for trouble shooting their operation

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seemed to work fine yesterday. I let it run for about 5 minutes in park. Going to give it another week before I bring to dealership.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have same problem. It on ly happens once in awhile. After I turn ac off and on several times it will correct itself. Not sure what is causing problem. I know it is not freon as it will start working fine after a reset??
So last night it worked fine. Worked fine today also. Then I switched to full heat, then back to cold. That’s when didn’t work right. When I did change the blend door actuator I manually moved the door and the same problem of warm air coming from the vents occurs. Perhaps the door isn’t calibrated right?
FYI this is happening not with the AC on - which works fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So last night it worked fine. Worked fine today also. Then I switched to full heat, then back to cold. That’s when didn’t work right. When I did change the blend door actuator I manually moved the door and the same problem of warm air coming from the vents occurs. Perhaps the door isn’t calibrated right?
Does anyone have a diagram/service manual PDF of the door and how to possibly take apart/diagnose etc?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
OK.....If I am understanding you correctly. When you turn the knob to COLD with a/c OFF. Warm air comes out?

That's normal. You are just blowing whatever air is being sucked from wherever. Nothing is cooling the air.

I am exhausted and my brain is reading this....

as this....

FYI this is not happening with the AC on - which works fine.

Which is how it is suppose to work

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK.....If I am understanding you correctly. When you turn the knob to COLD with a/c OFF. Warm air comes out?

That's normal. You are just blowing whatever air is being sucked from wherever. Nothing is cooling the air.

I am exhausted and my brain is reading this....

as this....

FYI this is not happening with the AC on - which works fine.

Which is how it is suppose to work
Links don’t work.

Yes, you are right.

It’s warm air, warmer than the air outside. It’s uncomfortable and not correct. My 2006 Accord was not like this.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi. First post. Please help. I have a 2014 and there is heat coming from the vents even when set to cold on the dial. Both when the blower is on and off. Already changed the temperature driver and that has not solved my issue. I did notice when I manually moved the temperature door it produced the same results. Note: the air conditioning works fine. So does the re circulation.
I had this issue in the past. I would just turn the temp dial to activate the heater, then I could turn in back to cold and then the AC would then blow cold air. It did not happen often but I was also getting some clicking noise from behind the dash and searched around and found a post about the air mixer causing a clicking noise.

I would give that fix a try, it's pretty simple and that module appears to control the hot and cold air.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
I hope you had it already addressed and if so, please let us know what was done.

I have this issue in mine from time to time. It only happens when the temp dial (I have an RT, so no Auto) is ALL THE WAY cold. If I bring it one click up, then no hot air. I like cold temp so my temp knob gets adjusted once in the summer (to put it back to cold) and I just play with the fan speed. I do think it has to do with the circuit board behind the knobs.

·
Super Moderator
22,573 Posts
Do you guys hear any chatter from the blend door behind the dash... almost like a typewriter clacking away?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No solution yet. I think it may be the heater core valve. I tell you, my heat is REALLY hot. An unnecessary amount.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts